2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I knew Bobby Witt Jr was good but he is having an MVP season. .352, 25 HR, 90 RBI, 30+ SB

Tonight is 3-4 HR, 2B, single

It is obvious the Reds offense relies to much on the home run. If they don't hit homers they struggle to score 

Aaron Judge might have something to say about the MVP race. He hit his 300th homer a couple of nights ago and has done it 132 games fewer than anyone....

52 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Aaron Judge might have something to say about the MVP race. He hit his 300th homer a couple of nights ago and has done it 132 games fewer than anyone....

First I didn't say he is the front runner but he is having a great season. Secondly unless those 300 homers came this year they have nothing to do with this years MVP award.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds down 3-0 early but KC has the bases loaded with no outs in the third. The Reds aren't consistent enough to ever make a serious run for the wild card. Lodolo hasn't been the same since he came back from his blister on his finger.

Now down 9-0 still in the third. Games tonight is when Bell can conserve a starters pitches is by taking him out when you see he doesn't have it. Instead of waiting to take Lodolo until the game is totally over. They waited until Lodolo had given up 5 runs and the bases were loaded and already at 70 pitches.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Not sure what has been worse the first two games of this series for the Reds.

Pitching 20 runs, 29 hits

Hitting 2 runs, 11 hits

The Royals are sneaky good. I could very easily see them causing somebody problems in the playoffs. 

17 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

The Royals are sneaky good. I could very easily see them causing somebody problems in the playoffs. 

They do play the right way and don't strike out very often. Today with a guy on 3rd and 1 out they have hit Sac flies because there are able to put the ball in play. On the other hand on Friday the Reds had the same situation twice and both times never scored because they struck out

48 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They do play the right way and don't strike out very often. Today with a guy on 3rd and 1 out they have hit Sac flies because there are able to put the ball in play. On the other hand on Friday the Reds had the same situation twice and both times never scored because they struck out

Another perfect example how bad the Reds offense is. Down 4-1 in the 7th with the bases loaded and 1 out and the next two hitters stuck out. The Reds only run of the inning was from a bases loaded walk. The Reds has 6 hits and 3 from Espinal who is hitting over .400 since June 1. For some reason Bell will not play him more yet plays Marte and Benson all the time while batting under .200

Reds lose again 8-1. The second time this series the bullpen gave up 4 runs in the 9th while down 3 that limits nated any chance for a comeback. With this offense it probably wouldn't matter anyways.

This series the Reds scored 3 runs on 18 hits

Royals 28 runs on 43 hits

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Another perfect example how bad the Reds offense is. Down 4-1 in the 7th with the bases loaded and 1 out and the next two hitters stuck out. The Reds only run of the inning was from a bases loaded walk. The Reds has 6 hits and 3 from Espinal who is hitting over .400 since June 1. For some reason Bell will not play him more yet plays Marte and Benson all the time while batting under .200

You guys want Spencer Torkelson? I think he'd fit right in. The Tigers brought him back up from the minors yesterday after he hit a robust .248 in two months at Triple-A. Tying run on second with one out in the 9th and of course he K's. All the guy does is strike out. 

18 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

You guys want Spencer Torkelson? I think he'd fit right in. The Tigers brought him back up from the minors yesterday after he hit a robust .248 in two months at Triple-A. Tying run on second with one out in the 9th and of course he K's. All the guy does is strike out. 

I'm done trying to understand what the Reds are doing.  Would honestly not mind seeing some major roster overhaul during the offseason.  Build around De La Cruz and McLain.  Everyone else is available for existing MLB players or majors ready talent from the minors. I'm tired of th those prospect trades that take 3 years before you realize you got screwed in the deal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Once again Bell lets a a after stay in despite getting pounded. Spiers has given up 6 runs and 10 hits through 3 innings and are down 6-1. It is time to get Spiers out of the rotation 

David Bell has given up on games so early in games lately. He still has Spiers in after giving up his 4th homer of the night. Down 9-1 with no outs in the 5th and he still had him in. Bell should have taken him out in the 3rd when the game was still in doubt.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

David Bell has given up on games so early in games lately. He still has Spiers in after giving up his 4th homer of the night. Down 9-1 with no outs in the 5th and he still had him in. Bell should have taken him out in the 3rd when the game was still in doubt.

Now just gave up his 5th homer and now Bell takes him out

4.1 IP, 13 hits, 10 runs

Last start 2.2 IP 7 hits 2 runs

Start before that 5IP, 12 hits, 8 runs 

4 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Javy Baez returns to Wrigley Field tonight for the first time since being traded in 2021. I miss that dude, yes I know he sucks now but he was exciting as a Cubbie.

A lot of people thinking just like you in Wrigley tonight...

• Like 2