2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Take those 2 Cy Young years out and the numbers are really ugly...

He ain’t Sandy Koufax.  We know that!  Brilliant career…that’s f-ing laughable.  I would tell them to look at Warren Spahn’s numbers, if you want brilliant.

Edited by jv1972iu

Hunter Green with another great start 6IP, 1 hit, 0 runs. In his last 33 innings he had given up 1 run. Tonight was the third straight game he hasn't given up a run. The last two games the bullpen blew both games so he didn't get a win in either one. 

It was 6-0 when he left tonight and the bullpen gave up two runs in the 7th 

Bullpen gave up 1 run in the 8th 6-3

Bullpen gave up 1 run in the 9th but still wins 6-4

Edited by IU Scott

The Marlins just made a defensive play that lite league teams would be embarrassed to make. Reds had a runner on first and EDLC hit a scribbler to the third base side of the mound. The next butcher through it past the first baseman and then the second baseman threw the t to second but nobody was covering the base and the ball went out to left field. One scored and EDLC ended up on third.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The Marlins just made a defensive play that lite league teams would be embarrassed to make. Reds had a runner on first and EDLC hit a scribbler to the third base side of the mound. The next butcher through it past the first baseman and then the second baseman threw the t to second but nobody was covering the base and the ball went out to left field. One scored and EDLC ended up on third.

Those damn butchers should never be allowed on the field.  :coffee:

• Haha 2

Reds win 8-2 vs the Marlins 

EDLC 4-5 2 doubles, 2 singles

For the series 8-10 4 doubles, 2 home runs 

This year the Reds are 14-2 vs the Marlins, Rockies and the White Sox. They outscored them 124-51. This is the main reason the Reds has the 5th best run differential in the NL despite having a losing record.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win 8-2 vs the Marlins 

EDLC 4-5 2 doubles, 2 singles

For the series 8-10 4 doubles, 2 home runs 

This year the Reds are 14-2 vs the Marlins, Rockies and the White Sox. They outscored them 124-51. This is the main reason the Reds has the 5th best run differential in the NL despite having a losing record.

absolute blank check to EDLC

Edited by btownqb

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure the Reds will try but will be surprised to see EDLC sign a long term extension with the Reds. I have read where he already stated that he wants to play for the Yankees

13yr 400 million would probably do it. 

Reds lose to the lowly Marlins 6-4. Abbott with another bad outing giving up 5 in the first inning. Reds down 6-0 in the 7th, Freidl hit a grand slam to cut it to 6-4. In the 8th the Reds left the bases  loaded. They stranded the bases loaded twice in this game.

With the Reds of hey take a step forward and then take two steps backwards. Everytime they get 3 games under .500 they lose and can't get over that hump.

Edited by IU Scott

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Schwarber homers 3 times last night. 

Current slash line-- .261/.390/.504

Kudos to Philly. 27 dongs and ho hum another year where he's get 40 HR's and close to 100 RBI's....but the Cubs (and the rest of the league) didn't think he had it in him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Kudos to Philly. 27 dongs and ho hum another year where he's get 40 HR's and close to 100 RBI's....but the Cubs (and the rest of the league) didn't think he had it in him.

He's really having a great year. 

Actually-- he's just had an awesome career. .230/.345/.493 hitter--- 273 career bombs. ELITE post-season hitter. 1 World champ, basically every year his team is in the hunt for a world series. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They gave Votto 10yr 225million in 2012 

And Elly > Votto

Not disagreeing with you other than to say that Votto had just won his MVP.  Castellini is conservative.  I hope he DOES come up with a plan to keep Elly, but I just have doubts.  JMHO.

7 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Not disagreeing with you other than to say that Votto had just won his MVP.  Castellini is conservative.  I hope he DOES come up with a plan to keep Elly, but I just have doubts.  JMHO.

I don't think you're wrong for thinking that... but 100% EDLC is the best talent/best guy to build around that they've had since Votto. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

I don't think you're wrong for thinking that... but 100% EDLC is the best talent/best guy to build around that they've had since Votto. 

I think it will come down to whether Elly wants to stay in Cincinnati for the long term. With Boras being his agent I think it will be hard to get him to sign long-term 

• Like 1