2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

On 7/28/2024 at 2:18 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm all "Jazzed" up, are you all Jazzed up??

Yanks traded for the Marlins Jazz Chisolm, don't know where he will play as the outfield will be crowded. Lot of trade rumors surrounding the Yankees, but as usual, I think Cashman sh*ts the bed and won't address the real need of another pitcher and a closer, Clay Holmes aint it. IMO, he is Aroldis Chapman part 2!!

UPDATE: I admit I didn't really know anything about Jazz Chisholm before him being traded to the Yankees. But now that he's a Yank, I really like what I see!! The dude is freaky fast. In Sunday night game against the Red Sawks, he not only stole 2nd base, but 3rd as well and scored on a sac fly! Then, the guy has now hit, are you ready for this? 2. homers in 2 consecutive ball games!! He is playing 3rd base and doing a good job so far. And to top things off the Yankees won today beating the Phillies on the road by a 6-5 score, and completed the 3 game sweep!!

Guess you could say I'm all JAZZED up!!

Go Yankees

White Sox about to drop their 17th straight game. I enjoy watching the post-game shows with Garfein and Guillen, their misery amuses me. Hey, I need something to latch onto for happiness for the current baseball season! 

The Vargas kid they acquired from LA is 0-8 and playing awful outfield defense so far. 

I just don't understand David Bell's thinking when it comes handling pitching. He is quick to take out starters when they are pitching great but will keep starters on to long when they are getting hammered. Reds down 6-0 in the third yet he is keeping Lodolo in the game

Another in a long line of stupid base running mistakes by the Reds. Down 6-0 with two outs and a full count EDLC tried to steal 3rd and was thrown out. Also the pitch was a ball so we would have had two runners on but a stupid base running error cost the Reds.

Also the Reds offense is getting shit down by Hendricks who came in at 2-9 with a 6.95 ERA. Reds have 1 hit so far

Edited by IU Scott

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I got Bally Sports back today 

Excellent.  Happy for you.  I dont get to watch every night, but it is a great feeling knowing that when I am able to catch a Reds game, the opportunity is there for me.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Excellent.  Happy for you.  I dont get to watch every night, but it is a great feeling knowing that when I am able to catch a Reds game, the opportunity is there for me.

I happy about seeing tbe Reds but they are pretty much out of the playoffs. Right now I happy that I will get to see the Pacers this fall.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Have Cubs fans thrown in the towel on this season? A 3-run 9th inning to beat the Cardinals last night and not a word? 

20 blown saves kinda takes it out of ya...

I watch, but I'm not gonna get too excited over one comeback win...

• Like 1

It is early but Blake Snell  has no hit stuff tonight against the Reds. Through 3, 0 hits, 1 walk, 5 K's. With how bad the Reds offense is it is a descent possibility they might get no hit. I guess it depends on if the SF manager lets him pitch deep into the game.

Edited by IU Scott

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is early but Blake Snell  has no hit stuff tonight against the Reds. Through 3, 0 hits, 1 walk, 5 K's. With how bad the Reds offense is it is a descent possibility they might get no hit. I guess it depends on if the SF manager lets him pitch deep into the game.

No hitter through 6

Blake Snell has never completed a game or even pitched into the 9th

Posted (edited)

I literally thought to myself in the first inning that the Reds may not get a hit off Snell.  Never thought he would b able to throw the full 9 innings though.  The Reds hitters were totally outclassed.  

Edited by 5fouls

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I literally thought to myself in the first inning that the Reds may not get a hit off Snell.  Never thought he would b able to throw the full 9 innings though.  The Reds hitters were totally outclassed.  

Lefties give them real problems.  Heck…righties do too, come to think of it.  😂😂😂

Edited by jv1972iu

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Good call 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I had great belief in the Refs offense to hold their end of the bargain. Also it amazes me that a guy with two Cy Young awards has never pitched more than 7.2 innings in a game.

I just watched the video of the last out with the Giants announcers.  I’m amazed that a guy with one complete game, a career 72-58 record with 3.26 era has even won two Cy Young awards.  The Giant announcer at the end of the game called Snell’s career brilliant.  My how the game and times have changed.  Yeah, I’m an old guy, but I still can’t help shaking my head.

Edited by jv1972iu

6 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I just watched the video of the last out with the Giants announcers.  I’m amazed that a guy with one complete game, a career 72-58 record with 3.26 era has even won two Cy Young awards.  The Giant announcer at the end of the game called Snell’s career brilliant.  My how the game and times have changed.

Take those 2 Cy Young years out and the numbers are really ugly...

• Like 1