2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 4-0 at TB on 4 hits. Last night the Reds won 3-2 in 11 despite only having 3 hits

The Reds make back end of the rotation pitchers look like Cy Young or Walter Johnson regularly.  It will be a miracle if they reach .500, IMHO.

Once again today's managers ruin a great outing by a starting pitcher. David Bell takes out Hunter Green after 7 innings of two hit shutout pitching. He brings in Cruz who hasn't pitched well lately. Reds up 1-0 but the bullpen has given up the lead on a based loaded strikeout but a wild pitch and a bases and added walk.

10 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds bullpen blows another lead in the 8th inning.  

David Bell with another blown save. He keeps bringing in Cruz and Sims who are awful. For some reason he doesn't use Moll in late game situations. It was also idiotic to take out Green after 7 because he only had 100 pitches.

In a 3 game series the Reds scored 4 runs on 13 hits 

Edited by IU Scott

I'm all "Jazzed" up, are you all Jazzed up??

Yanks traded for the Marlins Jazz Chisolm, don't know where he will play as the outfield will be crowded. Lot of trade rumors surrounding the Yankees, but as usual, I think Cashman sh*ts the bed and won't address the real need of another pitcher and a closer, Clay Holmes aint it. IMO, he is Aroldis Chapman part 2!!

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

David Bell with another blown save. He keeps bringing in Cruz and Sims who are awful. For some reason he doesn't use Moll in late game situations. It was also idiotic to take out Green after 7 because he only had 100 pitches.

I’ve given up trying to understand or figure out how Bell and the pitching coach decide who to use.  Then again, the bullpen is pretty much bad all the way around, though I agree that Moll has been mostly effective.  Agree completely…our offense was nonexistent.

Edited by jv1972iu

44 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I’ve given up trying to understand or figure out how Bell and the pitching coach decide who to use.  Then again, the bullpen is pretty much bad all the way around, though I agree that Moll has been mostly effective.  Agree completely…our offense was nonexistent.

I also don't understand why they keep trying to have Martinez start games. His ERA as a starter is 7.83 but as a reliever it is around 1.80

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Cruz hasn't been as good lately, there for a good portion of the year he was MLBs most valuable reliever.  

17 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I also don't understand why they keep trying to have Martinez start games. His ERA as a starter is 7.83 but as a reliever it is around 1.80

Martinez hasn't started a game since May 22nd. 

39 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Love the Cards trade. Fedde has been a stud and Pham can help against LHP.  Will miss Edman but not having to give up any prospects was clutch. 

I'm caught up in a few other things but when I saw the trade I'm like what am I missing here? Cardinals gave up nothing right? White Sox GM needs to have head examined.....and while he's on a stupor I'd call the South Side and see if he wants to give up GC for a player to be named later.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm caught up in a few other things but when I saw the trade I'm like what am I missing here? Cardinals gave up nothing right? White Sox GM needs to have head examined.....and while he's on a stupor I'd call the South Side and see if he wants to give up GC for a player to be named later.

Only gave up Edman who hasn’t played a game this year after offseason wrist surgery.  He’s a good player but I’m happy with the return.  No prospects involved from STL. 

Edit:  We sent one RHP prospect who wasn’t a top 30 prospect in the organization. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds send Frankie Montas to Brewers for OF Joey Wiemer and pitcher Jakob Junis.  I think they received some cash as well.  

Milwaukee must have wanted Montas badly?

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Milwaukee must have wanted Montas badly?

He’s a five inning starter, but anymore that’s okay if you have a deep bullpen.  I guess the Brewers figure that they do since they’re leading the division.

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

He’s a five inning starter, but anymore that’s okay if you have a deep bullpen.  I guess the Brewers figure that they do since they’re leading the division.

Milwaukee gave up too much for a 5 inning starter that has a 5.01 ERA.

• Like 2