2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

16 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Both the Cubs and Reds really started the post AS break in style. 

The Reds did make it close in the 9th. Down 8-1 they scored 4 runs and had two on with EDLC up with two outs but he grounded out

I am trying to figure out David Bell's strategy. In the 7th he brought in LHP Moll with two outs and the go ahead runner on 3rd. He gets out of the inning. In tbe 8th inning for some reason didn't bring Moll back in but brought another LHP in Wilson. Moll has a 2.70 era and Wilson has a 4.65 era. Wilson has st gave up the the go ahead run in the 8th.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am trying to figure out David Bell's strategy. In the 7th he brought in LHP Moll with two outs and the go ahead runner on 3rd. He gets out of the inning. In tbe 8th inning for some reason didn't bring Moll back in but brought another LHP in Wilson. Moll has a 2.70 era and Wilson has a 4.65 era. Wilson has st gave up the the go ahead run in the 8th.

I don’t think there’s any strategy.  I think it’s just simply a guessing game because what they have for a bullpen is a bunch of really bad pitchers.  So, they guess.

Just now, jv1972iu said:

I don’t think there’s any strategy.  I think it’s just simply a guessing game because what they have for a bullpen is a bunch of really bad pitchers.  So, they guess.

He keeps putting Wilson and Cruz in and they have been torched. Moll has been really good so why not bring him back in for the 8th inning

• Like 1

I wasn't watching or listening but I guess Bell made another bone headed move. They had a runner on 3rd and two outs and the game tied. We had a LHP in and they had a right handed hitter up and the guy on deck was a left handed hitter. Instead of walking the RHH to face the lefty he pitched to the right and gave up the winning hit.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

The race for last place in the NL Central between the Cubs and Reds is going to be intense!

I have faith in my Reds that they can do it!

Edited by 5fouls

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 5-2 to the Nationals and got swept 

No offense

Terrible defense 

Terrible base running 

Bad bullpen 

Poor management both in the dugout AND the owner’s office.

Time for some change.  I’m with you Scott…fire Bell…and the hitting coach, whoever that is?

Edited by jv1972iu

The Cubs felt generous today and decided to let the Reds have another turn at last place. 😎

Nice to avoid the brooms, but man losing series to teams ahead of the Cubs in the standings isn't getting them anywhere and the offensive struggles make the games so difficult to watch. 4 runs in a 3 game series, lucky to get out with a win.

In the post-game presser Craig Counsell actually displayed a pulse and gave Jesse Rogers the business a bit over a question he took issue with. Most fired up he has been since inking his deal?

Brew Crew coming to town now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

The Cubs felt generous today and decided to let the Reds have another turn at last place. 😎

Nice to avoid the brooms, but man losing series to teams ahead of the Cubs in the standings isn't getting them anywhere and the offensive struggles make the games so difficult to watch. 4 runs in a 3 game series, lucky to get out with a win.

In the post-game presser Craig Counsell actually displayed a pulse and gave Jesse Rogers the business a bit over a question he took issue with. Most fired up he has been since inking his deal?

Brew Crew coming to town now. 

My buddies and I were 8 rows behind home plate and there were 2-3 early calls that were so bad.....after Friday's zone....we and about 100 of us were yelling to Counsell to finally, once stand up for his guys. 

Glad to see a win but we needed to go 7-3 or 8-2 for these first 10 to still have a chance. Not likely now. Taillon should be a Yankee, Red Sox or Dodger by his next start.....and our offense still can't hit. 

Otherwise fun time at the Friendly Confines but Bears season can't get here soon enough.

• Like 3