2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

12 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

By your metrics, I’m guessing you thought Schwarber should’ve won a GG the year he had 11 assists?

He’s 4th in all of baseball in outs above average (+12).  It’s more than “a couple of pretty plays.”  Guessing you’re not an advanced metrics guy. 

You young guys always try to pigeonhole people...

I look at advanced metrics just like I do any other statistic...useful in some ways, but a singular metric, like the one you used to come to your misguided opinion, doesn't tell the whole story...

Siani being on the torrid pace for a whole 2 outfield assists for a season, is going to be looked at as a negative when GG ballots are cast...

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You young guys always try to pigeonhole people...

I look at advanced metrics just like I do any other statistic...useful in some ways, but a singular metric, like the one you used to come to your misguided opinion, doesn't tell the whole story...

Siani being on the torrid pace for a whole 2 outfield assists for a season, is going to be looked at as a negative when GG ballots are cast...

Care to look at his other stats that show he’s an elite defender? 

Reds won last night 6-0 vs the Rockies. Abbott with 7IP 0 runs. The second straight starter for the Reds to go 7 shutout innings.

Also a good MLB debit for Rece Hinds 2-3 with a double and HR. The Reds might have found a good outfield prospect but it is yo early to tell.

Edited by IU Scott

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Care to look at his other stats that show he’s an elite defender? 

Are they the same kinds of stats that said Schwaber had a WAR of 0.6 last year or led you to believe the Braves and Dodgers were the best teams in the NL?

No thanks...

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Are they the same kinds of stats that said Schwaber had a WAR of 0.6 last year or led you to believe the Braves and Dodgers were the best teams in the NL?

No thanks...

I feel like you’re the guy who thinks Cy Young winner has to lead the league in wins lol. 

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel like you’re the guy who thinks Cy Young winner has to lead the league in wins lol. 

You can think whatever you want...there are 6 or 7 posters on here who I think really know baseball, and you aren't one of them...not by a long shot...

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Curious what you thought of his defense as a Red. 

He never really got to play consistently for an extended period to make any type of judgment.

Honestly, the focus seemed to be much more on his offensive deficiencies than his defensive abilities.  

Glad he has gotten an opportunity to play consistently.  Just another example of the Reds organization not being able to make the most of a player's strengths.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

He never really got to play consistently for an extended period to make any type of judgment.

Honestly, the focus seemed to be much more on his offensive deficiencies than his defensive abilities.  

Glad he has gotten an opportunity to play consistently.  Just another example of the Reds organization not being able to make the most of a player's strengths.  

It’ll likely change I’d imagine since Nootbaar is back and Edman won’t be too far behind.  But he’s a really solid late inning defensive replacement for sure.  Solid 4th OF. 

Phillies want Bellinger. Two things. Will make it real easy for me to cheer the Phillies on in playoffs. Secondly...if and when we deal him where does that put the Cubs next year and beyond??

One thing I know is this. I don't want Jed handling any of the long term decisions that aren't boiler plate easy. His greatest move was saddling up his coattails to Theo years ago. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds won last night 6-0 vs the Rockies. Abbott with 7IP 0 runs. The second straight starter for the Reds to go 7 shutout innings.

Also a good MLB debit for Rece Hinds 2-3 with a double and HR. The Reds might have found a good outfield prospect but it is yo early to tell.

Rece Hinds second game

3-4 double, Triple, home run

Through 2 games 5-8 2 home runs, 2 doubles, triple

And now for something different....

My daughter and her family was in NYC for a vacay. They took in a Yankee game vs. the Red Sawks, (which they lost 5-3 thanks to Clay Holmes coughing up 2 2 run homeruns 😒). Anyway it was George Costanza bobblehead day. My grandson not being a Seinfeld fan, wasn't too keen on keeping his and not 10 feet later, someone came up and offered him $30 bucks! So he takes the money. Later when they get home, he gets in Ebay and to his surprise, there are George Costanza bobbleheads for sale and some are almost $200!!

If you are Seinfeld or George Costanza fans, you can get yours here:

George Costanza Bobblehead 2024 for sale | eBay

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm so glad I went to see Paul Skenes with my own eyes earlier this year. 

10K's so far into the 5th. As good as arm as I've seen in a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

He's unreal. Glad he's on my team!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KDB said:

He's unreal. Glad he's on my team!

Chapman wraps it up for your Bucs, 1-0.  Love seeing Milwaukee lose.  I’m a Reds fan first, but a Pirates fan after that.   Skenes goes to 6-0.  He’s got some kind of arm.  😁

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

The Cubbies are coming, tra la, tra la. Blowing out Baltimore 21-2 in a 3 game sweep, I did not have that on my bingo card. 

This is what they did last year. Did just enough right before trade deadline, so the FO wouldn't sell. They made great run only to 💩 it away the last month of the season.

Sell, Sell, Sell. We dont have enough fire power in the RP position to contend in the playoffs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

This is what they did last year. Did just enough right before trade deadline, so the FO wouldn't sell. They made great run only to 💩 it away the last month of the season.

Sell, Sell, Sell. We dont have enough fire power in the RP position to contend in the playoffs.

This is what I was just thinking...Jed will use this slight run to acquire one marginal player and say we are all in. Then the Cubs will probably lose 7 out of 8 right after the trade deadline and be 10 back. Our bullpen is a mess....just sell.

• Like 1

What I read in an article about EDLC makes me sad as a Reds fan. It was talking about his desire to play for the Yankees some day. So in probably 3 years we will start hearing about trading him before he becomes a free agent. I wish the Reds could sign him to a deal now like the Braves has done with a lot of their young stars.

5 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

This is what I was just thinking...Jed will use this slight run to acquire one marginal player and say we are all in. Then the Cubs will probably lose 7 out of 8 right after the trade deadline and be 10 back. Our bullpen is a mess....just sell.

The July I mean Jedy run. I'll enjoy it but nothing we do will change my decision on needing new leadership after so many years.

• Like 1