2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

I love baseball stories...Mark Grace tells one on Rick Sutcliffe 🙂

One day Rick gave up back-to-back home runs in Cincinnati. And in Cincinnati, they shoot off fireworks after a Red hits a home run. And Sutcliffe was pretty intense on the day he pitched. So Eric Davis takes him deep, and Paul O'Neill takes him deep right after that. So Sutcliffe is all mad, and [pitching coach] Billy Connors comes out to the mound, and Sutcliffe yells at him "I know I gave up back-to-back home runs, but get your ass back in the dugout and tell [manager Don] Zimmer to settle down too!" Billy looks at him and says, "I know you have everything under control, Rick. I just wanted to give that guy running the fireworks a little more time to reload."

• Haha 2

My daughter and her husband and my teenage son have been in the Big Apple the past week doing all of the touristy stuff tourists do. They will be taking in a game tonight in Yankee Stadium against the Red Sawks. Hoping they will be the Yanks lucky charm and get them out of the funk they seem to be in!

Go Yankees

Reds lose 5-4 to the Tigers

In the 9th tbe Reds scored two runs and had the tying run on 3rd with one out but couldn't tie the game. Once again questionable base running was a cause of the loss. A ground ball to 3rd with the infield in yet the runner tried to score a d was thrown out. The next batter gets a hit. I don't know how many times this year the Reds had runners thrown out at home on ground balls.