2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

When I saw the schedule on MLBN I knew both games would be blacked out. It was either the Reds vs Cardinals or the he Cubs vs Brewers. I just don't understand why baseball blackout these games in our area.

Why are you confused how black outs work? If you're in the Cinci area (pretty sure you're in the Cubs and White Sox, as am I)... they black you out. Same with the Indy 500 on Indy networks. 

This is not me arguing black outs are ok... 

I'm confused why you don't understand them.  

They're always blacked out for us. Every single game--- outside of them getting put on ESPN. 

PM me--- I'd love to try and help you find a solution. 

Edited by btownqb

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Why are you confused how black outs work? If you're in the Cinci area (pretty sure you're in the Cubs and White Sox, as am I)... they black you out. Same with the Indy 500 on Indy networks. 

This is not me arguing black outs are ok... 

I'm confused why you don't understand them.  

They're always blacked out for us. Every single game--- outside of them getting put on ESPN. 

PM me--- I'd love to try and help you find a solution. 

I know how it works but don't understand why they have these rules. The NFL use to have a blackout rule and it was just a 75 mile radius from the home team. If you didn't sell out the game within 48 hours of the game it wouldn't be shown locally. What I find stupid is that the MLB blackout road games as well.

Blackouts are unnecessary in today's world.  But, if you're going to have them, it is totally ridiculous to black out games in one city (Indy) for teams in two totally different ones (Cincy and Chicago).

Someone make a decision on whether Indy is a Reds market or a Cubs/White Sox market and move on.

It's unfair to Indy residents to lump them in both.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Blackouts are unnecessary in today's world.  But, if you're going to have them, it is totally ridiculous to black out games in one city (Indy) for teams in two totally different ones (Cincy and Chicago).

Someone make a decision on whether Indy is a Reds market or a Cubs/White Sox market and move on.

It's unfair to Indy residents to lump them in both.

Seen that story of that guy in Iowa

I think he has both Chicago teams, Twins, STL, and maybe a few other teams all blacked out. Insane. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

Where you lose me in blackouts is when they blackout the away games.  I have MLBTV and they blackout the Astros games when they play Baltimore....in HOUSTON.  I live in Delaware and am in the Philly TV zone, but the Nationals, Orioles, and Phillies are blacked out.  Home games, I can wrap my head around.  Road games of local teams?  I can't get there. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Where you lose me in blackouts is when they blackout the away games.  I have MLBTV and they blackout the Astros games when they play Baltimore....in HOUSTON.  I live in Delaware and am in the Philly TV zone, but the Nationals, Orioles, and Phillies are blacked out.  Home games, I can wrap my head around.  Road games of local teams?  I can't get there. 

I guess I'm confused. They black out all games of that team. I am NOT arguing for blackouts--- just discussing the reality. 

Complete BS they can blackout multiple teams. 

Honestly-- we should just have HSN accounts for all these sports and we all just split the cost on here lol 

Edited by btownqb

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I guess I'm confused. They black out all games of that team. I am NOT arguing for blackouts--- just discussing the reality. 

Complete BS they can blackout multiple teams. 

Honestly-- we should just have HSN accounts for all these sports and we all just split the cost on here lol 

No argument here either (with you anyway lol).  Conversing is all  

My understanding of the blackout is to drive the crowd to the local game. With that thought in mind, I’m only pointing out the fact that the local audience has zero control over road game attendance.  

• Like 1

Just now, Naturalhoosier said:

No argument here either (with you anyway lol).  Conversing is all  

My understanding of the blackout is to drive the crowd to the local game. With that thought in mind, I’m only pointing out the fact that the local audience has zero control over road game attendance.  

Right gotcha. So you're saying its an extra level of stupid, yes I agree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

"Dammit, the Rangers game in Arlington is blacked out! I think I'll get my family in the car, drive 4 1/2 hours, and drop $400 to have a seat so elevated we have to bring our own oxygen!" 

:) 

But, that's Texas.  I bet it doesn't take @Naturalhoosier 4 1/2 hours to drive halfway across Delaware.  :coffee:

• Haha 2