2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

6 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

The 69 infamous Cubs choke job was before my time. This might be the worst regular season choke job I've seen of the Cubs ever. They were red hot most of second half of season until the Arizona series at home and then just playing poorly. How big are those two games they were up in the bottom of the 9th and blew to the Reds back to back?

Really disappointing. But, like I said earlier this week, they don't deserve to make the playoffs the way they have played/managed.

I look at it this way.  Finishing up with the Braves and Brewers means that the Cubs had a little bit softer of a schedule than the other contenders for the first 156 games.  Not significant mind you.  But, the difference of being tied for the last Wild Card vs. being 2-3 games behind going into that last 6 game stretch.  

We as fans get caught up in what their favorite team does during the off season. I am guilty of this. So when Carlos Rodon hit the FA market, I, and most Yankee fans, really wanted the front office to get. They did, but this has turned out to be a disaster of a signing of epic proportions! He started a game tonight against the KC Royals. Now, are you ready for this?? The dude pitched 0.0 innings, gave up 8 hits, 8 earned runs, and an era of almost 7!!! Not too bad for a guy making over $160 million and 6 years!!! Should the Yanks get swept, it would be their worst record since '92!!!

Can contracts be voided???  😡

41 minutes ago, rico said:

IIRC you stated the Cubs will make the playoffs and the Reds will not?  Looks like you were half right!  lol

So, to clarify my statement. What I intended to say is,  the Marlins are looking good, the Cubs are as good as dead, another Reds are rooting for the Astros all weekend.  Yeah.  That's what I meant.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, rico said:

IIRC you stated the Cubs will make the playoffs and the Reds will not?  Looks like you were half right!  lol

I was encouraged, but never convinced... been let down too many times for that....

Hell, in 2016 when Kris Bryant's foot slipped on the final throw I was sure it was headed for the front row, tie game, and we'd lose in some excruciating fashion...

I'm still not certain I didn't dream the whole thing... 

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was encouraged, but never convinced... been let down too many times for that....

Hell, in 2016 when Kris Bryant's foot slipped on the final throw I was sure it was headed for the front row, tie game, and we'd lose in some excruciating fashion...

I'm still not certain I didn't dream the whole thing... 

I surmise that if the Cubs just would have played .500 ball after the Giants sweep that they would be looking pretty right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I surmise that if the Cubs just would have played .500 ball after the Giants sweep that they would be looking pretty right now.

If they'd have played .500 after the Rockies sweep they'd be tied with the DBacks and a half a game in front of the Marlins...

And in those 4 games, they basically gave all of them away playing crappy baseball... 

I'm excited for the playoffs, but baseball is a regular season game. There's always a feeling of melancholy when it's over. Like the changing of the seasons, there's a real sense of things ending. For the best months of the year, baseball was there for me almost every night, a comforting constant companion. Now it's going away, about the time we're all going to be staying inside more and more. Like Rogers Hornsby, I'll be staring out my window and waiting for spring.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I'm excited for the playoffs, but baseball is a regular season game. There's always a feeling of melancholy when it's over. Like the changing of the seasons, there's a real sense of things ending. For the best months of the year, baseball was there for me almost every night, a comforting constant companion. Now it's going away, about the time we're all going to be staying inside more and more. Like Rogers Hornsby, I'll be staring out my window and waiting for spring.

I feel that way for college basketball and when One Shining Moment is over I feel depressed 

Edited by IU Scott