2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The Merkle Boner, The Snodgrass Muff, and the Suzuki Snafu...

☹️Smh... 

But, we wouldn't even be in playoff position without him...

Move on and win today... 

Tough one for sure. Besides Bellinger Suzuki has been carrying us for weeks....just can't make that mistake this week though.

• Like 1

Reds lose 4-3 to Cleveland. In the top of the 9th Marte tried for a double but was called out at second. The replay showed his hand hit the bag before he was tagged but the replay said he was out. What a hose job.

In this 2 game series

Starters 5.1 IP 10 runs 16 hits

Relievers 11.2 IP 1 run 3 hits 

It seems like we can't get both tnr starters and relievers pitching well at the same time

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 4-3 to Cleveland. In the top of the 9th Marte tried for a double but was called out at second. The replay showed his hand hit the bag before he was tagged but the replay said he was out. What a hose job.

In this 2 game series

Starters 5.1 IP 10 runs 16 hits

Relievers 11.2 IP 1 run 3 hits 

It seems like we can't get both tnr starters and relievers pitching well at the same time

Probably the nail in the coffin for a playoff berth.  But, as long as they win 1 of the final 3 and finish with a winning record, I will consider it to be a successful season considering what I thought it would be like.

Position players appear solid for next season.  Need to figure out some things in the starting rotation, and need to strengthen the bullpen.   

38 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Probably the nail in the coffin for a playoff berth.  But, as long as they win 1 of the final 3 and finish with a winning record, I will consider it to be a successful season considering what I thought it would be like.

Position players appear solid for next season.  Need to figure out some things in the starting rotation, and need to strengthen the bullpen.   

Stayed alive with Cubs losing another late lead. A lot of bullpen problems around the league late in the season.

Geritt Cole probably put the finshing touches on the Cy Young award tongiht, (IMO), pitching a complete game in Toronto. Cole allowed 2 hits and threw 105 pitches and finished his season with an AL best 2.63 ERA!!! And Aaron Judge, who missed almost 2 months, smacked 2-2 run homers in a 6-0 win!

Guess what team has the best record in the MLB since late August? Anyone care to guess?

Why it's none other than the NEW YORK YANKEES!!! Too bad it was too little too late  😒

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Cubs lose 

Marlins up 2-1 in the 9th in a rain delay. Mets was up 1-0 but Marlins has scored two in the top of the 9th.

Looked like it was going to be a good night for the Reds even though they are not using tonight 

What are the rain rules now.  They don't revert back to previous inning like they used to, do they?  Suspend the game and finish Monday if it factors into the standings?  Mets will have no motivation for something like that.  Hopefully, they resume tonight and the Mets can come back.  

39 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What are the rain rules now.  They don't revert back to previous inning like they used to, do they?  Suspend the game and finish Monday if it factors into the standings?  Mets will have no motivation for something like that.  Hopefully, they resume tonight and the Mets can come back.  

Weather doesn't look good for tonight

12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The choke collar is tight on the Cubs... 2 costly errors and they're down 5-1... The collapse is almost complete... 3 mail-it-ins in Milwaukee and we'll be done... 

The 69 infamous Cubs choke job was before my time. This might be the worst regular season choke job I've seen of the Cubs ever. They were red hot most of second half of season until the Arizona series at home and then just playing poorly. How big are those two games they were up in the bottom of the 9th and blew to the Reds back to back?

Really disappointing. But, like I said earlier this week, they don't deserve to make the playoffs the way they have played/managed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

The 69 infamous Cubs choke job was before my time. This might be the worst regular season choke job I've seen of the Cubs ever. They were red hot most of second half of season until the Arizona series at home and then just playing poorly. How big are those two games they were up in the bottom of the 9th and blew to the Reds back to back?

Really disappointing. But, like I said earlier this week, they don't deserve to make the playoffs the way they have played/managed.

The 3 to the Braves were galling... losing leads in all 3 and allowing unearned runs in each game killed us...

Come on basketball season... 

• Like 1