2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Haven't been posting much lately as Fantasy Football took over my internet time to prepare for the to many leagues that I am in.  The Reds are 1 win away (75) from what I put down as a highly successful season for where they were coming from.  It's a bit frustrating since they were rolllng and have kind of had a collapse especially since August 1 and it really kind of started before that with the Brewers series before and after the all star break. 

Glad to see India back and hitting that homer in first AB.   I hope they don't trade him.  I think he is the leader of the team and I'd make him the full time DH and utility infielder next year if ELDC, McLain, Marte are all playing in the infield.  Let's see if he leads a charge down the stretch to get a final WC spot. 

I don't know if there will be much difference in game importance in earning a WC spot for these young guys but would give them a lot of confidence moving into next year. I am just happy they are playing meaningful games so late in the season whether they more WC games or not.  Lots of times teams that have nothing to play for start  to play good.   They may not be playing great but great for the experience. 

I think they should be very careful when they make deals in the offseason. I know they are not a big money team but I'd stand PAT and open up the pocket book for a big a signing or 2 before all these rookies start getting their deals.  I'd look at Blake Snell as a FA. 

Edited by ATX_sig
  • Like 1

I didn't know where to place this, so I thought I would do it here rather than start a new thread.

Down here in Evansville, we have a semi-pro team, the Evansville Otters. They play in the Frontier League. This year, they will be playing for the 2023 Championship! They will be playing the Quebec Capitales. The series starts tonight in Quebec with Game 3 tomorrow night. The series then shifts to historic Bosse Field, where the movie, A League of Their Own was filmed (for you movie lovers). The series is a best of 5.

Go Otters!!

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I didn't know where to place this, so I thought I would do it here rather than start a new thread.

Down here in Evansville, we have a semi-pro team, the Evansville Otters. They play in the Frontier League. This year, they will be playing for the 2023 Championship! They will be playing the Quebec Capitales. The series starts tonight in Quebec with Game 3 tomorrow night. The series then shifts to historic Bosse Field, where the movie, Field of Dreams was filmed (for you movie lovers). The series is a best of 5.

Go Otters!!

My best friend got his start with the Otters 25+ years ago. Spent a summer down in Evansville on weekends at Bosse many times. Fun stadium 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Down here in Evansville, we have a semi-pro team, the Evansville Otters. They play in the Frontier League. This year, they will be playing for the 2023 Championship! They will be playing the Quebec Capitales. The series starts tonight in Quebec with Game 3 tomorrow night. The series then shifts to historic Bosse Field, where the movie, Field of Dreams was filmed (for you movie lovers). The series is a best of 5.

Go Otters!!

Grew up there.  Remember going to Rex Mundi HS football games played at Bosse field in late 60s and early 70s. I attended Rex Mundi games when 4 when Griese played for Rex Mundi.   Don't really remember much on those games so maybe can't count them.    Went to lots of Triplet games in the 70s and also remember when they were in AAA WS when they had Jack morris, Gibby and some other tigers that were on the 84 WS team.  Not sure the AAA WS had home and home games.  Also got to go see the Big Red Machine play an exhibition game vs Triplets at Bosse field.

One year the Triplets were horrible and they had a promotion for guaranteed win homestands. If you attended first game of the homestand and they lost, tickets remained free until they won a game on the homestand. 

Not far away on the other side of Diamond Ave from Bosse field, Donnie Mattingly grew up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Go Otters!!

You mean League of their Own. Field Of Dreams was filmed in Iowa 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Grew up there.  Remember going to Rex Mundi HS football games played at Bosse field in late 60s and early 70s. I attended Rex Mundi games when 4 when Griese played for Rex Mundi.   Don't really remember much on those games so maybe can't count them.    Went to lots of Triplet games in the 70s and also remember when they were in AAA WS when they had Jack morris, Gibby and some other tigers that were on the 84 WS team.  Not sure the AAA WS had home and home games.  Also got to go see the Big Red Machine play an exhibition game vs Triplets at Bosse field.

One year the Triplets were horrible and they had a promotion for guaranteed win homestands. If you attended first game of the homestand and they lost, tickets remained free until they won a game on the homestand. 

Not far away on the other side of Diamond Ave from Bosse field, Donnie Mattingly grew up. 

I also remember seeing Mark "The Bird" Fidrych pitch there as well as Jimmy Leyland manage the team. We're showing our age, LOL!!

BTW, The street in front of Bosse Field was renamed Don Mattingly Way

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So tired of of teams still doing shifting. Two routine ground balls became RBI singles for the Tigers. Both balls were hit tight where the shortstop should play but no one was there.  Now a routing pop up fell between the CF and RF for another run.

You guys got a break with Torkleson cutting off the throw to the plate... I think Stephenson was dead meat...

But another infielder usually calls that... 

Edited by IUFLA

2 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Astros home woes continue. Down 0-2 against the A’s in a 3 game set. It’s mystifying how a team can be so good on the road, but so terrible at home.  It defies logic. I know I know. Lack of trash cans, banging, etc etc. I’d actually buy into that if they didn’t have one of the best road records. 

Wouldn't be something if Houston missed the playoffs because they got swept at home by the lowly A's?

Reds lose 8-2 and the offense is still not doing real well. In the 3 games series they only got 18 hits and 12 runs.

I guess I still don't understand today's managers thinking. Today the Reds used an opener in Law and brought Moll in the second. They then brought in Lively who is a starter so why not just start Lively instead of Law who is a reliever.

Edited by IU Scott

39 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 8-2 and the offense is still not doing real well. In the 3 games series they only got 18 hits and 12 runs.

I guess I still don't understand today's managers thinking. Today btbw Refs used an opener in Law and brought Moll in the second. They then brought in Lively who is a starter so why not just start Lively instead of Law who is a reliever.

Big loss for Wild Card chances.  Last night, they made up ground on Cubs, D-Backs, and Marlins.  Probably going to give a chunk of that back today.

I think it's 14 games left?  Gonna need 10 wins.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Big loss for Wild Card chances.  Last night, they made up ground on Cubs, D-Backs, and Marlins.  Probably going to give a chunk of that back today.

I think it's 14 games left?  Gonna need 10 wins.

Not going to happen, imo.  Inconsistent play in all areas for various reasons like injuries, youth/inexperience, lack of quality talent.  This would include the coaching staff and mgmt, to keep everyone here happy.   😋

EDLC is really struggling since his hot start and his defense at SS has not been very good. I think they should move him to CF just like another #44 did on the Reds team. Earlier in the year I thought India would be the odd man out in the infield and should trade him. We saw how we played without India so I think we should keep him. I think moving EDLC to CF would allow him to use his athletic ability to ro.e the outfield.

1B CES

2B India 

SS McClain 

3B Marte 

LF Freidl 

CF EDLC 

RF Benson ? 

C Stephenson 

DH Fraley?