2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

My union guy is a big Astros fan (along with every other Houstonian) and I said something to him about the sweep... his retort was, "what does East Texas and this year's World Series have in common?"

"No Yankees" 🙂

I know it's a long shot, but the Yankees are trying to creep back in the playoff picture,

Just sayin'....

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs finally get a great start out of Taillon and our bats are dead. Just need a couple today gang.

Taillon is sharp today, but so is Gallen...

The DBacks have a lot of good young talent... I don't know if he'll hit at the big league level, but the Lawlar kid's glove will keep him in the lineup ... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Taillon is sharp today, but so is Gallen...

The DBacks have a lot of good young talent... I don't know if he'll hit at the big league level, but the Lawlar kid's glove will keep him in the lineup ... 

Taillon cruising. 77 pitches. He's pulled and bullpen gives up the run. I get he was probably trying to give Taillon some confidence and get him out of there before he implodes but at 77 pitches? Head scratching move once again. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Taillon cruising. 77 pitches. He's pulled and bullpen gives up the run. I get he was probably trying to give Taillon some confidence and get him out of there before he implodes but at 77 pitches? Head scratching move once again. 

I thought the same thing... and bringing in Cuas and then Leiter, who stunk it up in his last outing? 

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out how the Rockies have not been officially eliminated yet.  Not only are they 9.5 games behind the 2nd worse team in the NL (St. Louis 😁), but they have to make up a total of 23 games to get into the 3rd Wild Card, AND jump over 8 teams in doing that.  Some of those teams don't even have 23 games left.

Yes.  My brain gets bogged down on trivial stuff at times.  Combine that with the opportunity to poke fun at the Cardinals, and this post seems like something worth noting.  

• Like 2

Reds already down 6-0 in the third. They scored 3 in the first even though Abbott got the first two out. Walk, single, homer. In the third got the first two out then walk, single, walk, double. Both times a two out walk to Goldschmidt came back to kill you. Abbott has hit the rookie wall and hasn't pitched well of late.

On 9/7/2023 at 3:58 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I know it's a long shot, but the Yankees are trying to creep back in the playoff picture,

Just sayin'....

Well being above .500 was nice while it lasted, just not long enough. Carlos Rodon has been absolutely trash this year, got hammered last night and has an era of almost 6!!! All of Yankee nation has egg on their faces, (me too)....

Sorry Cubs and Reds fans, I thought the Yanks might help your causes as well as the Yanks, but looks like it's not happening tonight. Down 7-2 top of the 8th with runners on 1st and 3ed, 1 out. YIKES!!

8 hours ago, rico said:

Well that is a bad attitude to have as a pitcher. I want my pitcher to be furious if he is taken out not the other way around.  I don't blame the player but the organizations not training pitchers to pitch longer.

One of the Reds top pitching prospects Petty has started like 17 games this year but hasn't pitched more than 4 innings in any start. If you limit the kid early how will they ever be comfortable going more than 100 pitches.

• Like 1

The home plate ump in the Reds game is the worst I have ever seen. A called strike on a 2-0 to Stephenson was a foot over the top of the box. Bell was ejected for telling that was high. Lopez got called out on a pitch 6 inches out of the strike zone and he was ejected but he at least got his money's worth

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The home plate ump in the Reds game is the worst I have ever seen. A called strike on a 2-0 to Stephenson was a foot over the top of the box. Bell was ejected for telling that was high. Lopez got called out on a pitch 6 inches out of the strike zone and he was ejected but he at least got his money's worth

Christ, @IU Scott, as much as you bitch about umps, I'm surprised you're not out in your garage trying to mount a Commodore 64 onto a vacuum cleaner to hawk to Manfreid 😉

• Haha 1

It was a bummer of a day yesterday, sports wise for me. First the Colts lose to the Jags. Then the Yanks were not hit for 10 innings against the Brewers. However, they did manage to win 4-3 in 13 innings thanks to a walk-off base hit. It was truly a pitchers duel between Garrett Cole and the Brewers Corbin Burnes. At least they managed to salvage something.

Then to top things off, more bad news for the Yankees as the new player called up just 8 games ago, Jasson Dominguez was diagnosed with a UCL injury!! This will keep him out of baseball until at least mid-season next year!!! I'm hoping that at 20 years pld, he will heal quickly.

I tell ya, if the Yanks didn't have bad news, they wouldn't have any news at all...