2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

7 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I was surprised when the announcer mentioned it was the first time that Houston led the division all season. 

The bats are coming alive too. Hopefully this trend continues!

Until they played the Yankees, just sayin'

BTW, Yanks have now won 6 out of the last 7 games after last night's 5-1 win against the Detroit Tigers....

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

58 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Boy, Seiya Suzuki has been red hot... Clears the bases with a double, staking Wicks to a 3-0 lead in the 1st

I can't remember the exact time but maybe 2-3 weeks ago Ross sat him down for a game and I felt like Suzuki realized he better get going or his time in the league was going to be somewhere else. He's really answered the bell for sure.

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been watching that one for sure. With Cubs cruising again we are in the things might get interesting category.

Oh, you're definitely there, IMO.  33-17 since the all-star break.  Your boys have been playing great baseball at the right time.  The Reds were doing that just before all-star break.  Then our mojo disappeared with injuries, illness, and lots of poor pitching/play.  But we're trying to fight back now for that 3rd playoff spot.  😁

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Oh, you're definitely there, IMO.  33-17 since the all-star break.  Your boys have been playing great baseball at the right time.  The Reds were doing that just before all-star break.  Then our mojo disappeared with injuries, illness, and lots of poor pitching/play.  But we're trying to fight back now for that 3rd playoff spot.  😁

Hope so! Roller coaster summer so far. Hope we just continue to buy time until Stroman gets back or maybe Jed calls up another Wicks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Hope so! Roller coaster summer so far. Hope we just continue to buy time until Stroman gets back or maybe Jed calls up another Wicks.

They called up a kid from Iowa named Luke Little (he's 6'8 and 220, so 🙂)...

"In his last eight outings with the Iowa Cubs, all of which have been relief appearances, Little has a 1.54 ERA and a save, with 21 strikeouts in 11.2 innings of work."

As for Stroman, I think he's through as a Cub... I listened to Hoyer in the booth a few games back, and the injury is a mystery to the front office... Nothing a contract extension wouldn't cure probably, but... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

As for Stroman, I think he's through as a Cub... I listened to Hoyer in the booth a few games back, and the injury is a mystery to the front office... Nothing a contract extension wouldn't cure probably, but... 

The rest of the teams in MLB should black ball Stroman.

1 hour ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Came alive after they played the Spankmees. 

My union guy is a big Astros fan (along with every other Houstonian) and I said something to him about the sweep... his retort was, "what does East Texas and this year's World Series have in common?"

"No Yankees" 🙂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1