2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

6 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

And yet the Stankees and their $278m payroll are still looking at last place in the division. That’s even after the defending Champions swept the BoSox. 

Believe me when I say there are a lot of frustrated Yankee fans, me included.

But with the recent youth movement, I'm feeling somewhat optimistic. 

I'm going to take a new approach for this final month with my Cubs. Instead of criticizing stuff I'm going to simply choose to happy that with 1 month to go....given a rotation with Tallion, Smyly, and Stroman injury, given our bullpen, given that 25% of our opening roster has been DFA'd somehow we would be in the playoffs if they started today. Not to mention what Ross does with the lineups. 

I mean Canario was called up for a reason and 4 straight days he's not in the lineup..

Much easier way to live. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going to take a new approach for this final month with my Cubs. Instead of criticizing stuff I'm going to simply choose to happy that with 1 month to go....given a rotation with Tallion, Smyly, and Stroman injury, given our bullpen, given that 25% of our opening roster has been DFA'd somehow we would be in the playoffs if they started today. Not to mention what Ross does with the lineups. 

I mean Canario was called up for a reason and 4 straight days he's not in the lineup..

Much easier way to live. 

Good advice. 

But, I'm not going to feel sorry for Cubs fans.  The Reds have 4/5ths of their rotation out right now.  Pitching a guy today from AA that is not even on 40-man roster, but the Reds get an exemption because of Covid protocols.  Not to mention injuries to Fraley, India, Votto, and McLain.  

I'm just happy to be playing meaningful baseball in September.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Good advice. 

But, I'm not going to feel sorry for Cubs fans.  The Reds have 4/5ths of their rotation out right now.  Pitching a guy today from AA that is not even on 40-man roster, but the Reds get an exemption because of Covid protocols.  Not to mention injuries to Fraley, India, Votto, and McLain.  

I'm just happy to be playing meaningful baseball in September.  

Understand...different organizations and teams and honestly fanbases. Lots of us are still ticked about the whole selloff and 3 years later here we are while Ricketts buys every single building in Wrigleyville yet doesn't spend on the team. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We could be up 15 headed into the 9th and I won't feel good after giving these last two away. Get the split and get out of town with hopefully the Brewers losing today. Big week at home for the Cubs. Giants and Arizona on our tails for WC berth. 

The split helped the Cubs a lot more than it did the Reds.  Running out of games to make up ground.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is Bell's fault that the bullpen is overused and used improperly.

Greene, Lodolo, Lively, Ashcraft, Williamson, Antone, Guitierrez, Votto, India, McLain, Fraley, etc., etc., etc.  

Quite the list of unavailable players and you blame the Manager.  And, yes, I know that Antone and Fraley are 'back'.  But, they are not 100% and can't pitch/play every day.  

Just now, rico said:

I don't think the Reds have any games left with potential NL WC teams?

Nope.  Cubs have like 10 against the Giants and D-Backs.  Giants and D-Backs only play each other twice. Giants do have 7 against the Dodgers.  I think all 3 of them have a few games left against the Rockies, which is nice for them.

Not sure what the Fish have.  I'm considering the Phils to be locks at this point.  

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Greene, Lodolo, Lively, Ashcraft, Williamson, Antone, Guitierrez, Votto, India, McLain, Fraley, etc., etc., etc.  

Quite the list of unavailable players and you blame the Manager.  And, yes, I know that Antone and Fraley are 'back'.  But, they are not 100% and can't pitch/play every day.  

I am not talking about just today or the last week but he has over used guys all year. Never understood why you don't use a reliever more than one inning. Instead of using 4 relievers one inning use two relievers two innings

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Nope.  Cubs have like 10 against the Giants and D-Backs.  Giants and D-Backs only play each other twice. Giants do have 7 against the Dodgers.  I think all 3 of them have a few games left against the Rockies, which is nice for them.

Not sure what the Fish have.  I'm considering the Phils to be locks at this point.  

Miami has 3 with LA, 3 @ Philly, 4 @ Milwaukee, 3 with ATL starting tomorrow.  They also get the Brewers for 3 at home.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am not talking about just today or the last week but he has over used guys all year. Never understood why you don't use a reliever more than one inning. Instead of using 4 relievers one inning use two relievers two innings

Geez, you called out Bell for bringing in Law.  And that morphs into a broken record.