2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 hours ago, rico said:

What about the trades of Rizzo, Baez, and Bryant?  Letting Schwarber walk without compensation?

He should have traded all of those guys a little earlier and received more compensation (I thought he should have traded them the year before), but Bryant and Baez are a shell of themselves. Bryant is constantly on the DL. Baez is having a rough season. Rizzo had some nice production before his injury earlier in the season, but hasn't been the same since.

Yeah, I don't understand not trading Schwarber (can't remember if Cubs got compensatory pick(s) for him), but he isn't exactly tearing it up this season either.

Again, He did some head scratching moves, and some great moves, which is why I am still on the fence with him.

On the "great" side he obtained Ben Brown for the rental of David Robertson. Also, the farm system is back to being one of the best in baseball again.

I want to see what he does this offseason and how some of those prospects he drafted evolve.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'd rather watch Elly strike out than see an umpire miss a pitch by 2.5 inches, though. 

Yes, Bucknor and Hernandez have both been terrible for years...I know I belabor this point, but Eric Gregg took the cake (and probably ate it, too)

This was all in game 5 of the 1997 NLCS with the series tied 2-2...Marlins went on to win in 6 then beat the Cleveland Indians in a 7 game WS...

For some reason, can't sepearte the two, but the bottom one is the point...Criminal...

48 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

He should have traded all of those guys a little earlier and received more compensation (I thought he should have traded them the year before), but Bryant and Baez are a shell of themselves. Bryant is constantly on the DL. Baez is having a rough season. Rizzo had some nice production before his injury earlier in the season, but hasn't been the same since.

Yeah, I don't understand not trading Schwarber (can't remember if Cubs got compensatory pick(s) for him), but he isn't exactly tearing it up this season either.

Again, He did some head scratching moves, and some great moves, which is why I am still on the fence with him.

On the "great" side he obtained Ben Brown for the rental of David Robertson. Also, the farm system is back to being one of the best in baseball again.

I want to see what he does this offseason and how some of those prospects he drafted evolve.

What happens if you make the playoffs?  Advance to the NLDS?  Does that change your view on Hoyer?

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I wouldn't count on Stroman... 

Me either. Either injury or something else but I'm not expecting him back anytime soon....which is all the more puzzling why Jed didn't get a pitcher or two. Smyly has sucked. Stroman injured. I mean now we are pulling guys out of the lineup in Indy (Iowa Cubs play in town tonight) for spot starts. You factor that along with 25% of our opening day roster (broken record) being DFA'd I'm less than 50/50 on Jed....

Shoot if I had it my way I'd just hire the Rays front office. Or just call Theo back, write the blank check and pray he says he's ready for another go.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think "something else" myself, but that's just me...

We may squeeze in to the playoffs, but as I said, I'm not convinced we can make a run... 

I go back to his comments about 2 weeks before trade deadline when he basically called out Jed and ownership saying why would you want to be sellers? The public backlash towards Jed probably ended that relationship.

Reds cut the lead to 5-4 in the top of the 6th. Bottom half our put her walked two and HBP to load the bases with 1 out. Reds pitchers has walked 8. Diamondbacks just scored on a pop up to short LF that EDLC caught but was knocked down by Steer. Have no idea what Steer was doing because the pop up was close enough to call the infield fly rule. I don't remember seeing a guy score on a pop up like that where are defender was knocked down by a teammate 

Edited by IU Scott

I guess David Bell forgot he is in a pennant race. For some reason he is keeping Kennedy in even though he hasn't been able to get many outs  came in the fifth and got them 1,2,3 and was lucky to only gave up 1 run. In the 7th has given up two runs for 8-4 game. Pham just hit a 3 run homer but a fan was called for interference. Still no reason for Bell to let the game slip away because of keeping in a river to long. He took a starter out last night after 6 with a shutout but leaves relievers in to long