2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

4 hours ago, rico said:

To my knowledge, the Yanks haven't been eliminated yet?  You got Judge back and he is more than capable of putting the team on his back.  9 1/2 games out of the last WC spot...stranger things have happened.  

They are on life support. Even Cashman pretty much admitted as much....

And if you don't make the post season Yankee fans can take heart in knowing that they will buy players in the off season to right the ship.  Ohtani and Judge playing together?

Hal has come out and said he wants to get under the luxury tax, so I don't know how much buying there will be. They may be nervous about forking over big bucks for a player, (Carlos Rodon), considering their big off-season signing has been a bust so far. As far as Judge and Ohtani are concerned, I don't look for it to happen. Ohtani has said he is a west coast guy, and the player the Yanks may go hard after it Cody Bellinger.

• Like 1

Cubs actual record 66-60

Baseruns or Pythag we should be 70-56

One other way to look at it is if the Cubs were as lucky as they were unlucky we'd be 74-52.

Numbers like that only point to usually 1 spot. Ross....but in this case Jed can take responsibility in this too. DFA 25% of your opening day roster?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs actual record 66-60

Baseruns or Pythag we should be 70-56

One other way to look at it is if the Cubs were as lucky as they were unlucky we'd be 74-52.

Numbers like that only point to usually 1 spot. Ross....but in this case Jed can take responsibility in this too. DFA 25% of your opening day roster?

I agree with this. I am undecided on Jed still, but I have not been a huge fan of Ross as manager.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 3-2 to the Diamondbacks last night

Both starters were really good last night. Williamson 6IP 0 runs, Kelly 7IP 0 runs on 1 hit. Neither bullpen did very well Reds gave up 1 run in the 7th and 2 in the 8th. Diamondbacks gave up 2 in the 8th

Give Senzel an extension.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, rico said:

Jed is the one that signed Mancini and Hosmer.  Terrible additions that I feel cost the Cubbies a few W's.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wasn't he also the one to sign Bellinger

This is why I am on the fence with Jed. A few really good decisions and a few really poor ones. he has kind of been a mixed bag thus far. We'll see how things shake out and if some of the prospects he drafted pan out. He also has a lot of decisions in the off season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Wasn't he also the one to sign Bellinger

Bellinger also batted .210 last year and .165 before that and .239 before that.  Fortunately for Cub fans Cody has resurrected his career.  Good for Jed taking a chance on him but that one could have went south as well.  Jed also brought in Swanson.  I like that addition but I don't know if I like his contract.

6 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

This is why I am on the fence with Jed. A few really good decisions and a few really poor ones. he has kind of been a mixed bag thus far. We'll see how things shake out and if some of the prospects he drafted pan out. He also has a lot of decisions in the off season.

What about the trades of Rizzo, Baez, and Bryant?  Letting Schwarber walk without compensation?

38 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I wish he'd put more emphasis on pitching...If you're gonna go far in the post season, you have to have better starting pitching than what we currently have...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1