2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

43 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Spencer Torkelson is finally starting to perform like a #1 overall pick. Eight home runs in the last 12 games and just had his second 4-hit game in the last two weeks. 

After watching him last night at 1st base, I would DH him... he missed 2 really easy chances last night that basically handed the Cubs the win... 

• Like 1

Contreras probably getting suspended after this and I don’t blame him. Both called strikes weren’t strikes and he got tossed. Robo umps needed asap at home. 

https://x.com/ballysportsmw/status/1694155962087575899?s=46&t=exWux6zeVaJfO0kgYInrWQ

And then the ump follows that up with this the next inning haha:

https://x.com/ballysportsmw/status/1694160498441212190?s=46&t=exWux6zeVaJfO0kgYInrWQ

2 Cardinal players and their manager ejected. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My weekly Jed Hoyer needs to go rant. Smyly hasn't been good since May. Stroman hasn't pitched well or been hurt since the 4th of July....yet we've done nothing to add a pitcher or 2. Easiest stretch of the year and we've lost a game now to the Brewers.

Pretty difficult to add pitchers now since the trade deadline is over. You had a chance to sign Luke Weaver after the Reds released him.

• Like 1

I got nothing to offer today, besides my favorite Jeff Torborg line when he was managing the Cleveland Indians and went to the mound to get Jim Kern, who was getting shelled, out of the game... As he approached, Kern said, "Jeff, I'm not tired."

To which Torborg replied, "I know Jim, but the outfielders are." 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Watching a little of the Twinks-Brewers game in extra innings...

The way the Brewers park is constructed is a nightmare for hitters during day games... The paned glass makes it look like pitching through a grid...

And Saturday is Rowdy Tellez bobblehead day... I don't know if you've ever seen Rowdy, but you might need a hand truck to get it to your vehicle... 

And they keep talking about it being 101 degrees... I don't have much sympathy... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

Thank goodness that the Angels defense is bad

For the second straight game a 2 out error led to 3 runs for the Reds. 

Also Ohtani left the game on the second inning. He had hit a homer in the first but I'm the second inning while pitching he left the game.

Abbott is not having a good game already given up 3 runs with no outs in the 5th. Only the 5th time he gave up more than 2 runs

Edited by IU Scott

O Happy Day (or Night)!!! 

The Yankees ended their disastrous losing streak (9), in a grand and completely unexpected way beating the Washington Nationals 9-1!!.

First, Yankee pitcher Luis Severino, who also has an era of almost 8, pitched a good game going 6.2 innings of scoreless ball! Then Aaron Judge put the Yanks on his back and smacked 3 HRs, 1 was a grand slam, and drove in 6 runs!

I know they are out of any playoff contention, but it's nice to temporarily end the misery.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

O Happy Day (or Night)!!! 

The Yankees ended their disastrous losing streak (9), in a grand and completely unexpected way beating the Washington Nationals 9-1!!.

First, Yankee pitcher Luis Severino, who also has an era of almost 8, pitched a good game going 6.2 innings of scoreless ball! Then Aaron Judge put the Yanks on his back and smacked 3 HRs, 1 was a grand slam, and drove in 6 runs!

I know they are out of any playoff contention, but it's nice to temporarily end the misery.

To my knowledge, the Yanks haven't been eliminated yet?  You got Judge back and he is more than capable of putting the team on his back.  9 1/2 games out of the last WC spot...stranger things have happened.  

And if you don't make the post season Yankee fans can take heart in knowing that they will buy players in the off season to right the ship.  Ohtani and Judge playing together?

• Like 1