2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is great news but lately the Reds offense has been the major problem 

I watch every night, respectfully. I understand. 

Regardless... for 6 weeks the Reds have operated, essentially, with a 3 man staff+the bullpen. Abbott, Ashcraft, and Williamson have been fantastic... if Greene can be solid, huge boost. Lots of season left STILL. 

I also think the Reds survived on fumes for a while and relied too heavily on comeback wins. But, yes, the plate has undoubtedly been the issue for weeks now. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I watch every night, respectfully. I understand. 

Regardless... for 6 weeks the Reds have operated, essentially, with a 3 man staff+the bullpen. Abbott, Ashcraft, and Williamson have been fantastic... if Greene can be solid, huge boost. Lots of season left STILL. 

I also think the Reds survived on fumes for a while and relied too heavily on comeback wins. But, yes, the plate has undoubtedly been the issue for weeks now. 

Add to the Reds' woes are defense and base running.  The more I see Steer play the more I think he is DH.  The base running has been highly questionable since the AS break.  Cincy has a hard enough time getting men on base, we don't need them getting thrown out due to stupidity.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Add to the Reds' woes are defense and base running.  The more I see Steer play the more I think he is DH.  The base running has been highly questionable since the AS break.  Cincy has a hard enough time getting men on base, we don't need them getting thrown out due to stupidity.

I mightily disagree here. I think there is plenty of value in someone that can play 1B, 2B, 3B, and LF. 

I was pretty frustrated with Elly getting thrown out at 2nd while tagging up last night, for sure. 

Edited by btownqb

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I mightily disagree here. 

I was pretty frustrated with Elly getting thrown out at 2nd while tagging up last night, for sure. 

You can disagree on Steer if you want.  He just isn't a good fielder in my eyes.  

Elly needs to worry about the game more, and quit worrying about posing with vikings.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

You can disagree on Steer if you want.  He just isn't a good fielder in my eyes.  

Elly needs to worry about the game more, and quit worrying about posing with vikings.

Not a good fielder, doesn't make him weak. There's a massive difference, he isn't a weakness, he just isn't a plus. 

McClain, Elly ++ defenders. 

CES might be the only "weak" defender. 

Edited by btownqb

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I haven't seen him a lot, but he made a really nice 3-6-3 last night

Right, he by no means is pathetic in my eyes. Idk.. I like what they've got defensively. 

Maybe Marte plays third? McClain 2B, EDLC SS... CES 1B? idk. They have options, solid options. 

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Not a good fielder, doesn't make him weak. There's a massive difference, he isn't a weakness, he just isn't a plus. 

McClain, Elly ++ defenders. 

CES might be the only "weak" defender. 

Steer isn't a good defender...except at 1st.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Lol.  I guess I should not tell you that the 'bad' times started right after I purchased the tickets (going both Saturday and Sunday).

I looked it up.  I got my confirmation email on my tickets for Sunday on July 13.  That was the Thursday during the All-Star break.  

I guess it truly is my fault.