2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Do you or anyone else of the brethren how many at bats Bellinger needs to be in the race for NL batting title? Can't remember the last time we had a .330 hitter. Maybe Grace at some point by the 4th? 

I would have had to look it up!  @5fouls was on top of it and beat me to it. 

I would have guessed Grace too…

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

Stick a fork in 'em, the Yanks are done! Today's game is a microcosm of their season. Cole started the game and was rolling along against the Marlins 7-3. Get to the bottom of the 9th, and I'm feeling good. But nooo... Clay Holmes loses a 4 run lead and the Yanks lose 8-7!! I look for Cole to opt out of his contract, JMO. 

BTW, up next is the Braves, I look for them to score a couple of touchdowns against the Yanks. Matt Olson is smacking his chops....

You guys have fun, I'm out.

Can B'Ball be far behind????????????

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

EDLC just struck out for the 4th time today 

So far in the second game he is 2-2 with a single and a 441 foot homer and a stolen bases. Game tied at 3 bottom of 3rd. With Weaver pitching we probably need at least 10 runs. Also Maile needs to get more playing time at catcher.

The Reds lost the first game of a day-night doubleheader when the bullpen blew the 2-1 lead Williamson handed off.

But the bigger story involving Williamson, who debuted in May, is what he’s done since getting his big-league legs under him the last six weeks or so and earning a place in the Reds’ plans down the stretch.

“The way he’s trending and getting better is the most encouraging part,” manager David Bell said.

With the top two starters from the Reds’ opening rotation Hunter Greene and Nick Lodolo both expected back from the injured list by the end of the month, the Reds have discussed the possibility of going to a six-man rotation over the final weeks.

Williamson’s reliability since the end of June has been a big reason why; he’s earned a continued role in the starting corps until further notice.

The fact that he and another rookie, Andrew Abbott, are both staring at big jumps in their career workload numbers if they go the distance as starters this season, the expanded rotation would help the club manage that issue while keeping their best starters in the rotation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/why-brandon-williamson-big-part-of-cincinnati-reds-plan-down-stretch-in-more-ways-than-one/ar-AA1felaR

15 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Looks like Cubs will have to settle for 2 out of 3 against Toronto. Just keep winning series and things will fall into place.

Given who we have coming up I almost feel like we have to go 9-3 in this stretch...Brewers go to LA and Texas this week. Hopefully at this point next Monday we'll be on top of the division.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

Every week every month in some sport somebody is hitting a button on their phone they shouldn't. I actually liked Franco too....but if this checks out good luck buddy in prison. Florida has some different consent laws. For example if your 23 you can date a 16 year old...but he's 22 and she isn't 16. That's called bad news...again if these allegations are proven true.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Every week every month in some sport somebody is hitting a button on their phone they shouldn't. I actually liked Franco too....but if this checks out good luck buddy in prison. Florida has some different consent laws. For example if your 23 you can date a 16 year old...but he's 22 and she isn't 16. That's called bad news...again if these allegations are proven true.

Yeah, I am reserving "judgement" to see how this pans out.

• Like 1

Watching y'alls Reds while waiting for the Sox/Cubs game to start...

I hate the advertising patches on the uniform sleeves (Reds-Kroger, India... Uh Guardians-Marathon)

The home plate umpire is terrible at calling balls and strikes

Not a very good crowd on hand...

I have to get the GABP sometime... I've been to the 2 previous homes of the Reds... 

Reds lose once again 3-0 at home to Cleveland. Ashcraft pitched really well 7IP 3 runs but two of those runs probably shouldn't have happened. A line drive to Left and Steer lost it in the sun for a double. After the first 4 batters where he gave up two runs Ashcraft was really good.