2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Well maybe the success of the pitch clock will make them more open to change.  I like getting all the Western teams in a division/league.  Seems Central and East time zone teams don't like so many late games. Portland has often been mentioned as a place to expand so if they got team then Colorado could move in with Texas, KC. minny ... without much issue.

As a Reds fan, my concern would be they get sent East and lose games with Cards but they played in NL West for long time.  Still in those days they still played Cards 12 times.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2023/07/11/rob-manfred-outlines-details-on-possible-mlb-expansion/?sh=5b6db80b3c62

6 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Well maybe the success of the pitch clock will make them more open to change.  I like getting all the Western teams in a division/league.  Seems Central and East time zone teams don't like so many late games. Portland has often been mentioned as a place to expand so if they got team then Colorado could move in with Texas, KC. minny ... without much issue.

As a Reds fan, my concern would be they get sent East and lose games with Cards but they played in NL West for long time.  Still in those days they still played Cards 12 times.

I am sure Vegas will get a team. I think it would be best to eliminate about 4-6 teams.  There is not enough quality pitching right now so how bad would it be fielding two more teams.

Once again can't watch the Reds and trying to get glances of the game on MLB that is like a he Red Zone. Just wondering why in tbe 7th up 1 they took Farmer out to bring in Sims. Farmer had faced 5 guys and got the first 4 out but hit a batter with two outs

Sims comes in and gives up the go ahead homer to put the Marlins up 3-2.  To me these kind of decisions is what has wore out the bullpen. Bell thinks letting 4 or 5 pitchers pitch an inning is better than letting 2 pitchers out h 2 innings. You have all of your relievers get up every day and warm up and then out h you will wear them out.

I guess I just don't understand the way the game is played today...

Mike Tauchman hits a HR with 1 out in the 8th to pug the Cubs up 3-2... Hoerner follows with a flare single to right center...

Ian Happy, our 3rd place hitter tries to bunt on the first pitch... WTF? 

You're 3rd place guy is out there to drive in runs, not friggin bunt... Especially with the lead late in the game...

SMH

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Once again can't watch the Reds and trying to get glances of the game on MLB that is like a he Red Zone. Just wondering why in tbe 7th up 1 they took Farmer out to bring in Sims. Farmer had faced 5 guys and got the first 4 out but hit a batter with two outs

Sims comes in and gives up the go ahead homer to put the Marlins up 3-2.  To me these kind of decisions is what has wore out the bullpen. Bell thinks letting 4 or 5 pitchers pitch an inning is better than letting 2 pitchers out h 2 innings. You have all of your relievers get up every day and warm up and then out h you will wear them out.

Really was no excuse for bringing Sims in.  I believe Farmer had only thrown 12 pitches.  

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Really was no excuse for bringing Sims in.  I believe Farmer had only thrown 12 pitches.  

Bell's misused of the bullpen will be the downfall of the season.  I think it is harder on the relievers using them 1 inning every day over using them 2 innings and giving them a day off the next.

Edited by IU Scott

54 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Mike Tauchman hits a HR with 1 out in the 8th to pug the Cubs up 3-2... Hoerner follows with a flare single to right center...

You're 3rd place guy is out there to drive in runs, not friggin bunt... Especially with the lead late in the game...

SMH

Don't get me started on Happ. 2nd at bat in last week where I'm asking what are you doing??? Cubs win is all that matters!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Don't get me started on Happ. 2nd at bat in last week where I'm asking what are you doing??? Cubs win is all that matters!

I find it hard to believe that Ross gave the bunt sign, and if Happ did it on his own, I question his understanding of his role and his overall baseball IQ... 

• Like 1

And I'll cop to something... I actually like the pitch clock 🤔 

Not so much because it "speeds up the game" but more because it lessens the time that John (I refuse to call him "Boog" out of deference to the real article) Sciambi has to do his comedy routine between pitches... 

And that's a good thing... 

• Like 1

Listening to Dan Patrick and he agrees with me on how managers handles their bullpen. They were talking about Aaron Boone and Dan said the thing he hates about Boone is how he handles the bullpen. He said a guy can have a 1,2,3 inning on 15 pitched and will still automatically take that pitcher out.

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

SMH

I have questioned several things watching the Cubs lately. I scratch my head, then I see the "W" flag waving. I smile, shut up and go back to my beer.  🍺 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I have questioned several things watching the Cubs lately. I scratch my head, then I see the "W" flag waving. I smile, shut up and go back to my beer.  🍺 

That's been my MO for a few weeks and it seems to be working. This stretch we have right now is where we need to keep the hammer down and rattle off wins. With two off days next (weird scheduling) none of the guys need rest.

Hopefully Hendricks delivers tonight.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's been my MO for a few weeks and it seems to be working. This stretch we have right now is where we need to keep the hammer down and rattle off wins. With two off days next (weird scheduling) none of the guys need rest.

Hopefully Hendricks delivers tonight.

Things definitely get magnified in a pennant race.  Ain't good for my heart, but God I love it.

• Like 1