2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Meanwhile... The Yankees had a chance of taking 3 of 4 from the Assstroles, but lost 9-7, thanks to another ineffective start from the multi-million dollar man the Yanks signed during the pff-season, Carlos Rodon. This guy absolutely sucks! He went 2.1 innings and gave up 5 earned runs!! And get this, he actually left the game due to a hammy?? Are you freaking kidding me??? I mean, I don't know who his agent is, but my god, how do the Yanks continue to get screwed on free agents??

Between Severino and Rodon, 40% of their starting pitching is crap....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So of the Cub games in September, 9 are against division does, and 19 are out of division games? Are you kidding me?

What are the schedulers thinking? 

Buddies and I were talking about that in June. Why wouldn't MLB have the month of September scheduled for division rivals. 

I think we have Colorado and Arizona quite a few times. Just dumb.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So of the Cub games in September, 9 are against division foes, and 19 are out of division games? Are you kidding me?

What are the schedulers thinking? 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Buddies and I were talking about that in June. Why wouldn't MLB have the month of September scheduled for division rivals. 

I think we have Colorado and Arizona quite a few times. Just dumb.

Having 5 teams in a division makes it impossible to have ONLY divisional games in every series.  And, the balanced schedule this year takes away the opportunity to make up for some of that through sheer volume.   

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Having 5 teams in a division makes it impossible to have ONLY divisional games in every series.  And, the balanced schedule this year takes away the opportunity to make up for some of that through sheer volume.   

Understand that, but having inter-league games against EVERY AL Team or playing other NL teams not in our division in place of more inter-division games in September is stupid...I want the Cubs playing the Brewers and Reds in September...Not 13 games agains the D-Backs and the Rockies...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Understand a series or two but the number of games we play vs Arizona and Colorado can be avoided somehow.

10 minutes ago, rico said:

You only get teams from the other NL divisions for 2 series.  6 or 7 games.  

I'm not going to speak for @Seeking6, but my problem is more the lack of inter-division games and particularly when those games are played... 

52 games against division foes isn't enough... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Meanwhile... The Yankees had a chance of taking 3 of 4 from the Assstroles, but lost 9-7, thanks to another ineffective start from the multi-million dollar man the Yanks signed during the pff-season, Carlos Rodon. This guy absolutely sucks! He went 2.1 innings and gave up 5 earned runs!! And get this, he actually left the game due to a hammy?? Are you freaking kidding me??? I mean, I don't know who his agent is, but my god, how do the Yanks continue to get screwed on free agents??

Astros walked like a dozen Stankees and they still held on!  Friggin great!  Stanks can’t hit themselves out of a wet paper bag. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not going to speak for @Seeking6, but my problem is more the lack of inter-division games and particularly when those games are played... 

Agree on all...but if the number of games remains the same shake it up and have most of September vs other division opponents. We can play the Rockies, Marlins, Nationals or whoever in May and June.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree on all...but if the number of games remains the same shake it up and have most of September vs other division opponents. We can play the Rockies, Marlins, Nationals or whoever in May and June.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Take it up with the Commish.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just saw that old Angel had himself a day behind the dish. 23 missed calls. Pretty impressive even for him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That number was in the 70's before, or almost half the schedule. Playing the same four teams that many times gets pretty stale after awhile. 

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

That number was in the 70's before, or almost half the schedule. Playing the same four teams that many times gets pretty stale after awhile. 

OK...The Cubs-Cardinals series, one of the great baseballe rivalries was over at the end of July this year...Over...I'd much rather watch a game between rivals like the Cubs-Cards or Yankees-Red Sox in September, I want to go against teams I'm competing with for that division title rather than play the Rockies while my main contenders are playing the Padres and the Diamondbacks...I want to be able to directly make up ground...

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

OK...The Cubs-Cardinals series, one of the great baseballe rivalries was over at the end of July this year...Over...I'd much rather watch a game between rivals like the Cubs-Cards or Yankees-Red Sox in September, I want to go against teams I'm competing with for that division title rather than play the Rockies while my main contenders are playing the Padres and the Diamondbacks...I want to be able to directly make up ground...

Still waiting on the Commish?

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

MLB should schedule those games for later in the season then. It doesn't mean they need more games with each other. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

MLB should schedule those games for later in the season then. It doesn't mean they need more games with each other. 

If they're keeping divisions it sure does...That's who I'm competing with for a division championship...Not Colorado...

If this is the way they want it, have the balanced schedule,and just ditch the divisions, give the top 2 finishers in each league byes and finishers 3-6 the play in to play the top 2 in the NL/ALDS