2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Looks like Phillips should have got the call today.  Lyon off to a rough start.

Yeah.  If they were considering bringing Phillips up, don't understand why not just do it today. 

And, for the love of humanity, why is Nick Senzel hitting ahead of Wil Benson against a right-hander.    

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  If they were considering bringing Phillips up, don't understand why not just do it today. 

And, for the love of humanity, why is Nick Senzel hitting ahead of Wil Benson against a right-hander.    

Bell is a moron.

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Darn good win on bullpen day for the Cubs. Have Steele going tomorrow. Let's see what happens. Either way sweep avoided and a very, very tasty schedule coming for the next 15 of 18. 

Hell, let's go ahead and win the series... Steele looking good so far...

They ain't the 27 Yankees 😉

• Like 2

Reds pitchers waste to many pitches. 5 times today they have went from an 0-2 count to 3 -2 count.  This is a common theme with this pitching staff. The way Bell used the bullpen earlier in the year has totally worn out the bullpen. Then the front office not getting much help for the bullpen is going to cost us this season.

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Hell, let's go ahead and win the series... Steele looking good so far...

They ain't the 27 Yankees 😉

I normally don't carry the defeatist attitude but (insert defeatist attitude) just avoiding the sweep is all I wanted with our pitching situation. 15 of the next 18 that we've talked about looks good. If Reds and Brewers want to lose again to bad teams that would help too. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I normally don't carry the defeatist attitude but (insert defeatist attitude) just avoiding the sweep is all I wanted with our pitching situation. 15 of the next 18 that we've talked about looks good. If Reds and Brewers want to lose again to bad teams that would help too. 

After Steele hangs a slider to Olsen for a 2 run dinger, the Cubs come back and patch together 2 runs on a walk, single, HBP, RBI fielder choice, and 2 more walks...

Sometimes you just gotta grind them out... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

After Steele hangs a slider to Olsen for a 2 run dinger, the Cubs come back and patch together 2 runs on a walk, single, HBP, RBI fielder choice, and 2 more walks...

Sometimes you know St gotta grind them out... 

Morton was having control issues and Happ goes up there swinging. Little things like that just drive me crazy vs good teams. Lt Dan did the pro move by drawing the walk.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Morton was having control issues and Happ goes up there swinging. Little things like that just drive me crazy vs good teams. Lt Dan did the pro move by drawing the walk.

Gotta give Morton credit as Deshaies pointed out for sticking with his curveball against Swanson... Throw him a fastball, and you might give up more than just 1...

Morton always has had good stuff, but, as you said, his control can desert him at times... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Mike Tauchman is having himself a game... 

I don't know the why or how we weren't playing him often early in the season. Kid plays tough and is delivering. 

Took us about 100 games but we finally have our lineup since the dead weight was all DFA'd.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds bullpen is toast and besides Diaz and maybe Young you never no from one day to another what you will get from our bullpen. Young just went out with an injury so might be without him for awhile.

Bullpen gave up one run today.  They are not the issue with the Reds right now.  

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds bullpen is toast and besides Diaz and maybe Young you never no from one day to another what you will get from our bullpen. Young just went out with an injury so might be without him for awhile.

I wouldn't limit the toast to the bullpen.  The entire team has collapsed over the last two weeks, it appears.  But as some have said, this was never supposed to be THE year this team became a contender.  But the midseason excitement was a real rush and great fun.  They're young and still need to figure out some things about momentum and the long season.  That includes the entire Reds organization... and not just the players.  The idea of hiring a more experienced manager sounds good, but obviously ownership feels differently about it.

Just now, jv1972iu said:

I wouldn't limit the toast to the bullpen.  The entire team has collapsed over the last two weeks, it appears.  But as some have said, this was never supposed to be THE year this team became a contender.  But the midseason excitement was a real rush and great fun.  They're young and still need to figure out some things about momentum and the long season.  That includes the entire Reds organization... and not just the players.  The idea of hiring a more experienced manager sounds good, but obviously ownership feels differently about it.

Ownership failed this team at the deadline by doing pretty much nothing. The Cubs went out and got a good hitter that they needed. I just saw the reliever they got from KC come into the 7th inning in a one run game.