2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds totally gave this game away, you give up 3 runs after you strike out a guy for the third out but the catcher didn't do a good job of blocking the ball. After that they score 3 runs on 1 hit and 4 walks. Then down 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th and you bring in Cruz which was dumb and he gave up a run and we lose 5-3. We were 0-9 with runners in scoring position .

Our main problem is that our pitchers walk way to many batters and our batters strikeout way to much. Tonight our pitchers walked 5 and 3 of them scored. Our batters struck out 13 times 

The Reds have several "main" problems.  

53 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Fried vs Hendricks... Don't know how the wind is today, but I hope it's blowing in... 

And why the hell would the Cubs schedule a day game after a night game like that? 

Be nice to win game 1.

Do the Cubs ever play night games on Friday?

37 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It used to be they couldn't when the lights were first installed...But I'm not sure now...I think they have had night games on Friday before...

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Rarely. Something to do with neighborhood ordinances and of course alderman/politics.

I wondered.  'Cause it seems I listen to them a lot on Friday afternoons on the radio.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

I wondered.  'Cause it seems I listen to them a lot on Friday afternoons on the radio.

The Friday at 120 has always been set in stone. Depending on TV and other things occasionally a Saturday night game but most weekends are always during the day.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just avoid the sweep and move onto next week is all I want. Braves lineup is that good. 

Seems like I listened to 20 hours of pregame "hype" about this match-up.  Of course it was biased due to my proximity to Chitown.  Lots of wind just got taken out of the Cubbies' sails today.  Braves are just damn good on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Tonight no Fraley, Benson or Freidl. Instead we see Senzel,Newman and Fairchild. I saw where Freidl is better against LHP than Fairchild is 

Reds
1. E De La Cruz (S) SS
2. N Senzel (R) RF
3. M McLain (R) 2B
4. S Steer (R) LF
5. K Newman (R) 3B
6. J Votto (L) DH
7. C Encarnacion-Strand (R) 1B
8. T Stephenson (R) C
9. S Fairchild (R) CF
P. G. Ashcraft (R)

Nationals
1. C. Abrams (L) SS
2. L. Thomas (R) RF
3. J. Meneses (R) DH
4. K. Ruiz (S) C
5. D. Smith (L) 1B
6. B. Rutherford (L) LF
7. I. Vargas (S) 3B
8. J. Alu (L) 2B
9. A. Call (R) CF
P. P. Corbin (L)

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

After the Braves series, the Cubs play 15 of their next 18 against sub .500 teams... But 13 of those are road games

That's what I've been staring at since last week. Get past this weekend and we can go on a run here. Just need to get Stroman straight, add another reliever somehow. 

2 hours ago, rico said:

Seems like I listened to 20 hours of pregame "hype" about this match-up.  Of course it was biased due to my proximity to Chitown.  Lots of wind just got taken out of the Cubbies' sails today.  Braves are just damn good on both sides of the ball.

I'm as diehard as they come and most of my friends are the same but we all know the Braves are a different animal. The talking heads some of the radio networks (Score) employ now became Cubs fans around 2008....haha.

Try not to get swept and get to the softest stretch of the schedule of the year.