2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Once again the Reds get hosed by a bad call. Brewers had runner on first and one out and Abbott got called for a balk which was not a good call. Instead of having two outs and no one on it was a runner on second and one out. Next guy singled but it was hard enough to hold the runner at third.

8 hours ago, rico said:

Oh, Cincy has some young, controllable starting pitchers.  Add to that the young, controllable positional players and the Reds appear to be set for quite a few years.

Problem is do they have enough to get by the Braves in that time span?  Or even the Dodgers?

Just focus on the Central.  If you make the playoffs, anything can happen.  Phillies made the World Series as a Wild Card last year.  I think the Marlins won both their World Series as Wild Cards.  

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just amazing how bad our offense is against the Brewers. We don't even hit tbe ball hard that often and make a lot of weak contact. So far through 3 we have 1 infield hit and have only gotten one ball out of the infield and that was a short fly to RF.

Corbin Burnes is one of the best pitchers in MLB.  

Just now, IU Scott said:

Don't know why the roof is open at Milwaukee tonight. The smoke is pretty bad there tonight and the Brewers oF had trouble seeing a coue of routine fly balls that they all.ost misplayed.

I was thinking the same thing.  Not only is it impacting the abiity of outfielders to see the ball, it can't be good for the health of anyone in the stadium.  

• Like 1

You got to be kidding me, two outs and no one on for the Brewers but Duarte walked a batter, then stole second, next batter had a swinging bunt down the third base line. Yelich just hit a 3 run homer to make it 4-3. Now bringing Diaz in. We have to get more reliable relievers at the end of the game. 

I would trade for Robertson from the Mets and Sueter from Colorado.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is why you don't put your worst reliever in the 9th inning even with a 4 run lead. I got criticized for saying that the other day when we brought Stoudt in and he couldn't finish the inning. 

Hard to blame Bell.  the rest of the bullpen is on fumes.  If you can't trust a pitcher to get 3 outs before giving up 4 runs, then he should not even be on the roster.  At some point, the relievers have to stop walking people.  It's ridiculous how many walks the Reds relievers give up.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hard to blame Bell.  the rest of the bullpen is on fumes.  If you can't trust a pitcher to get 3 outs before giving up 4 runs, then he should not even be on the roster.  At some point, the relievers have to stop walking people.  It's ridiculous how many walks the Reds relievers give up.  

Those two players shouldn't be in the roster and have been up and down 3 or 4 times. My complaint on Bell is instead of using a couple of relievers a night for two innings he uses 4 a inning each. I think 4 of the 6 most use relievers are Reds 

6 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Those two players shouldn't be in the roster and have been up and down 3 or 4 times. My complaint on Bell is instead of using a couple of relievers a night for two innings he uses 4 a inning each. I think 4 of the 6 most use relievers are Reds 

They don't throw multiple innings, that's why. That was a simple answer. So that isn't a complaint on Bell whatsoever. 

Duarte had a 2.77ERA entering the 9th inning in like 12 inning last night. 

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Cubs aren't out of this thing.  Getting hot at the right time.  3rd biggest run differential in the NL.

Big series with the Reds next week.  Not sure how many times they play the Brewers the rest of the season.

If nothing else it'll prove the commitment of the Ricketts family... We start selling, especially Bellinger and Stroman, at the deadline and it's white flag time...

I'd like to see Bellinger stay for the long term... He seems to have fixed whatever was broken... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Cubs aren't out of this thing.  Getting hot at the right time.  3rd biggest run differential in the NL.

Big series with the Reds next week.  Not sure how many times they play the Brewers the rest of the season.

The Cubs got the Brewers 6 more times.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If nothing else it'll prove the commitment of the Ricketts family... We start selling, especially Bellinger and Stroman, at the deadline and it's white flag time...

I'd like to see Bellinger stay for the long term... He seems to have fixed whatever was broken... 

Trade Happ and Suzuki.

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

They don't throw multiple innings, that's why. That was a simple answer. So that isn't a complaint on Bell whatsoever. 

Duarte had a 2.77ERA entering the 9th inning in like 12 inning last night. 

Why not? You get 6 from your starter then use a guy for 2 then bring in your closer.  You keep using 3 or 4 guys a night then you wear out the bullpen 

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why not? You get 6 from your starter then use a guy for 2 then bring in your closer.  You keep using 3 or 4 guys a night then you wear out the bullpen 

Idk why every team/manager has their relief guys throwing, almost exclusively, one inning.