2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Read something today that indicated Lodolo would likely not be ready before September, if then.  I'm not counting on him this season.  

Antone replaces Stoudt.

Greene replaces Weaver

Without Lodolo, both Lively and Williamson stay in rotation unless they add a starter through a trade.  

That's not a bad staff top to bottom, even if you don't get NL back. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Read something today that indicated Lodolo would likely not be ready before September, if then.  I'm not counting on him this season.  

Antone replaces Stoudt.

Greene replaces Weaver

Without Lodolo, both Lively and Williamson stay in rotation unless they add a starter through a trade.  

Ummm, Connor Phillips.

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What the hell is Bell thinking, up 7-3 going to the 9th and you bring Stoudt in. He just was just recalled and has a 9.95 ERA.

I had no problem will Bell going to Stoudt.  I did have a problem with Bell leaving Weaver in for the 5th.

2 hours ago, rico said:

A pkg. of Connor, Petty, Arroyo, and Fairchild might fetch a Cease.

I was thinking Phillips, Arroyo, and another one of their MIF that's ranked 10th-20th in their organization. Maybe I'm bidding too low. 

What about Phillips+India+(not Petty)... would that get him? 

Surely if Marte can play 3B/SS he can play 2B? 

48 minutes ago, rico said:

India + a prospect might just get you a young, controllable SP.

Greene, Abbott, Lodolo, Aschcraft, Williamson, and Phillips are all young, controllable SP's already.

Not sure India and a non-elite prospect pulls in difference maker for the rotation.  Teams are going to try to pry Marte away, and the Reds need to say NO.  

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was thinking Phillips, Arroyo, and another one of their MIF that's ranked 10th-20th in their organization. Maybe I'm bidding too low. 

What about Phillips+India+(not Petty)... would that get him? 

Surely if Marte can play 3B/SS he can play 2B? 

Cease will be coveted.

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Greene, Abbott, Lodolo, Aschcraft, Williamson, and Phillips are all young, controllable SP's already.

Not sure India and a non-elite prospect pulls in difference maker for the rotation.  Teams are going to try to pry Marte away, and the Reds need to say NO.  

Yeah, the Reds have a bunch of young arms.

I dunno either.

2 hours ago, rico said:

India + a prospect might just get you a young, controllable SP.

I just wonder if you mess with the everyday lineup and trade India how that would affect the team chemistry. Right now it appears that this teams chemistry is off the charts and don't want to take a chance mess that up. That is why it would be better to do this on the off season. I actually look at the starting rotation for the future and it looks promising. Green, Abbott, Ashcraft, Loddolo is a good rotation.

Edited by IU Scott

For the Cubs brethren. On this date in 2003 the Cubs were 50-50 and 12 games out of playoffs. One of our favorite teams ended up in the NLCS.

Right now we sit 48-51 with a favorable schedule this week vs White Sox and Cardinals.....despite playing Reds, Braves, Blue Jays....the Cubs also have a long stretch vs Pirates, Tigers, Royals, White Sox again....

In 2003 Hendry went and got Ramirez and Lofton to round out that lineup. Here's hoping this week Jed realizes that guys like Bellinger are the solution to our future and shouldn't just be dealt to be dealt.

• Like 1