2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure if Jeff Brantley or IU Scott is calling the game tonight for the Reds.  Brantley just said that pitch limits in the minor leagues is contributing to the starting pitching issues plaguing major league clubs this year.  

At least there is one smart guy on the broadcast.  This Reds bullpen always frightens me. Gave up 3 in the 7th to make it 9-6 and Sims walked the first batter of the 8th.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/shohei-ohtani-trade-destinations-ranking-29-possible-landing-spots-based-on-whos-best-positioned-for-deal/

The top five

5. Reds
Reds fans deserve to watch the most fun player in baseball join the most fun team in the league after all the bad baseball they've had to sit through the last decade. Cincinnati absolutely has the pieces to swing an Ohtani trade and I don't mean trading Elly De La Cruz or Matt McLain. I mean guys still in the minors. The Reds clearly needs a starter and fitting all the pieces around Ohtani at DH would take some creativity, but it's doable. Is ownership and GM Nick Krall willing to swerve away from their thus far successful rebuild plan and toward a big-ticket rental like Ohtani? Beats me, but the dots connect.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/shohei-ohtani-trade-destinations-ranking-29-possible-landing-spots-based-on-whos-best-positioned-for-deal/

The top five

5. Reds
Reds fans deserve to watch the most fun player in baseball join the most fun team in the league after all the bad baseball they've had to sit through the last decade. Cincinnati absolutely has the pieces to swing an Ohtani trade and I don't mean trading Elly De La Cruz or Matt McLain. I mean guys still in the minors. The Reds clearly needs a starter and fitting all the pieces around Ohtani at DH would take some creativity, but it's doable. Is ownership and GM Nick Krall willing to swerve away from their thus far successful rebuild plan and toward a big-ticket rental like Ohtani? Beats me, but the dots connect.

Don't see that happening and right now as a pitcher Ohtani isn't pitching well due to his finger.  There is no way they could resign him so I wouldn't give up the farm for 2 months

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

+1.77 runs for the Cubs lol. How is that performance not being reviewed/criticized by the MLB/Umpire’s Union? 

Since I enjoy seeing the Cards get screwed, the thing that jumps out to me is 107 balls and only 56 strikes.  Is a 2:1 ball/strike ratio normal?  That seems off.

I guess it evens up a bit if batted balls are not counted.  

In any event, good job by Kulpa.  I hope he umps more games behind the plate involving the Cards.

• Haha 2

Just now, 5fouls said:

Since I enjoy seeing the Cards get screwed, the thing that jumps out to me is 107 balls and only 56 strikes.  Is a 2:1 ball/strike ratio normal?  That seems off.

I guess it evens up a bit if batted balls are not counted.  

In any event, good job by Kulpa.  I hope he umps more games behind the plate involving the Cards.

He and CB Bucknor take the cake. I’ll be back for a refresher when he inevitably hurts the Reds down the road. 

Williamson, Abbott, Ashcraft are dealing. Lively has had a solid year... Weaver sucks. 

Greene, Lodolo soon. Conner Phillips probably ready Day 1 next year... 

I would have to LOVE the trade to make it, if I were the Reds.... for a starting pitcher... 

Now if a guy could throw two middle to bottom T30 prospects at LH reliever, I'd be all about that. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Lots of ball yet to be played.  And I am lovin' it.

Yep, yep. It just seemed like the "sky was falling" after losing 7 of 8, and 5 of 6 to MIL... but baseball can be funky. 

But.. for the love of god, play well in MIL this week. 🤣🤣... MIL has a three game set at ATL after the series with the Reds. Go Braves. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yep, yep. It just seemed like the "sky was falling" after losing 7 of 8, and 5 of 6 to MIL... but baseball can be funky. 

But.. for the love of god, play well in MIL this week. 🤣🤣... MIL has a three game set at ATL after the series with the Reds. Go Braves. 

Be damn f'n nice to sweep the Brew Crew...but I would settle for 2 out of 3.