2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A lot of your guys are newer players and it takes a minute to get a good book on where the holes in their swings are...

But once they find them, everybody knows it... And if you can't adjust, you go the Joe Charboneau route... 

The Reds, as a team, strike out way too much.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Right now Kyle is averaging 40 HRs and 89 RBI over 162 games.  Most teams will take that.

I wouldn't because you should have way more RBI when you have 40hr. If he would make more contact and put the ball in play his numbers would be a lot better. I am sorry but hitting .195 is not good enough to me to be on my team.  It was the same way for me when Adam Dunn was on the Reds

1 hour ago, rico said:

I think what tells most about Herr is his all-star appearances.  He only had 1.  That tells you all you need to know.  

I am not specifically just Herr as as an individual but just that kind of stat line.  I rather have a player who makes contact and drive runners in over a guy just hitting homers 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I am not specifically just Herr as as an individual but just that kind of stat line.  I rather have a player who makes contact and drive runners in over a guy just hitting homers 

Well guys that homer are usually high rbi guys.

1 hour ago, rico said:

It is.  But the Reds have 6 guys batting .270 or better.  Seems they wouldn't strike out so much.

It seemed like the strikeouts have increased on the last couple of weeks. Early on it seemed like we were making better contact and not striking out as much.  I think when we started hitting more homers it lead to guys trying to hit more homers instead of making good contact 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It seemed like the strikeouts have increased on the last couple of weeks. Early on it seemed like we were making better contact and not striking out as much.  I think when we started hitting more homers it lead to guys trying to hit more homers instead of making good contact 

I don't see it that way.  They just strike out a lot.  Not scoring runs magnifies it.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Well he is batting lead-off.

That is stupid in itself, why have a guy who strikes out a lot leading off. He should be hitting 6th or 7th when more guys are on base. I would think if he was up with runners on he would make more if an effort to just make contact. I would want a guy with a lot of speed leading off who can score easily on a double 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Tommy Herr was a 2nd baseman..  

He only had two seasons where he hit over .278... he only had 4 seasons with more than 60 RBIs.. two of those were 60, 61... 

Career- .270/.347/.350-- he wasn't even an average slap hitter... if @5fouls isn't as impressed with Shohei hitting 55 bombs as he is Babe Ruth because of the difference in eras, what Herr did at the plate shouldn't be impressive at all. 

Schwarber-- .228/.336/.490 

Ohtani would not have even made the roster for the 1927 Yankee team, considered to be the best of all time.

-

-

He wasn't born yet.  ,:coffee:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That kind of stat line sucks, though.  His OBP isn't good and he can't hit it out of the infield. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rico said:

Herr, that year, benefitted highly from having Vince Coleman and Willie McGee in front of him.

The guy hitting behind him got him a lot of good pitches to hit...

No pitcher, dead or alive, would rather face Jack Clark than friggin Tommy Herr...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No pitcher, dead or alive, would rather face Jack Clark than friggin Tommy Herr...

There is some random pitcher out there that absolutely owned Jack Clark, but Herr batted like .450 against.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

As I said earlier, Tommy only appeared in an AS game once.  He was a small cog in a big Redbird machine that had Clark, Coleman, McGee, Van Slyke, Terry Pendleton, and Ozzie.