2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

What a horrible performance by the Reds offense today losing 1-0. They struck out 17 times with most of them well out of the strike zone. If you told me the Reds pitching would only give up 2 runs in the last two games I would say we would be 2-0 instead of 0-2. Still can't believe a team would use 4 pitchers in a 2 hit shutout but that was what the Brewers did.

Reds vs the Brewers 2-6 and 1-5 vs the Braves.

It just shows you that great pitching will beat great hitting everyday.  You just look at the every day lineup the Brewers are not very good at all but they win with pitching

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What a horrible performance by the Reds offense today losing 1-0. They struck out 17 times with most of them well out of the strike zone. If you told me the Reds pitching would only give up 2 runs in the last two games I would say we would be 2-0 instead of 0-2. Still can't believe a team would use 4 pitchers in a 2 hit shutout but that was what the Brewers did.

Reds vs the Brewers 2-6 and 1-5 vs the Braves.

It just shows you that great pitching will beat great hitting everyday.  You just look at the every day lineup the Brewers are not very good at all but they win with pitching

I don't understand. Why can't you believe that? 

All 3 relievers can throw tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't understand. Why can't you believe that? 

All 3 relievers can throw tomorrow. 

Just not the kind of baseball I grew up with. Tonight it worked but the more guys you put out there the better chance of a guy not having it that night.

St worse a 2 hit shutout would be a starter going 8 and the closer in the 9th. Most would be a complete game. Also closers use to pitch 2-3 innings for a save. 

Edited by IU Scott

26 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just not the kind of baseball I grew up with. Tonight it worked but the more guys you put out there the better chance of a guy not having it that night.

St worse a 2 hit shutout would be a starter going 8 and the closer in the 9th. Most would be a complete game. Also closers use to pitch 2-3 innings for a save. 

Makes zero sense. But carry on. 

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Wasting Ashcrafts good start is annoying. 

Reds fans should be happy that Ashcraft appears to be back in the "groove."  Reds fans should not be happy about all those K's.  They need to be better about putting the ball in play against TOR pitchers.

After 5 2-0 Brewers with Refs having 1 hit. That hit was a broken bat dribbler down the 3rd base line that went about 40 feet. Can't believe the whole team is in a slump at the same time. A week ago we were talking about how we needed pitching desperately but put hing has been good the last few games.

Reds lose 3-0 on 1 hit and that was a broken bat 40 foot single by Fraley.

Last 3 games 

Reds 27 innings 0 runs, 7 hits, 44k's, 7 BB 

Brewers 27 innings 5 runs, 20 hits, 19k's, 7BB.

Pitching has been really good but the offense is killing us. It might be time for CES to come up.

The Brewers offense beyond the top 4 hitters is really bad and don't produce much at all 

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 3-0 on 1 hit and that was a broken bat 40 foot single by Fraley.

Last 3 games 

Reds 27 innings 0 runs, 7 hits, 44k's, 7 BB 

Brewers 27 innings 5 runs, 20 hits, 19k's, 7BB.

Pitching has been really good but the offense is killing us. It might be time for CES to come up.

The Brewers offense beyond the top 4 hitters is really bad and don't produce much at all 

Yep.  Time to call up CES.

28 innings and counting without a run for the Reds. Had a one out double but didn't do anything with it. Reds batters struck out 3 times in the inning and they are going against a pitcher who has the third worst strikeout rate. That is 47k's in the last 28 innings

Edited by IU Scott