2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

As far as trades, I do not trade any position player on the current roster.  We will need the depth if injuries hit or if someone slumps.

I also dont trade away the farm for a 2-3 month rental.  They need to look for guys that can eat innings, but are not necessarily stars, that can be had for a package of 2-3 good, but not elite, prospects.  Paxton of the Red Sox could be someone that falls into that category. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

As far as trades, I do not trade any position player on the current roster.  We will need the depth if injuries hit or if someone slumps.

I also dont trade away the farm for a 2-3 month rental.  They need to look for guys that can eat innings, but are not necessarily stars, that can be had for a package of 2-3 good, but not elite, prospects.  Paxton of the Red Sox could be someone that falls into that category. 

Me either

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you think that is all we would have to give up for Paxton then I make that deal yesterday.

1 minute ago, rico said:

If you think that is all we would have to give up for Paxton then I make that deal yesterday.

He's 34 years old and coming back from a major injury.  If the Sox still think they are in contention, you keep him.  But, if they think they are out of it, then two B level prospects is a good deal for him.  If one of them becomes a steady MLB contributor down th he road, the Sox made a good deal.  Paxton means nothing to the Sox if they dont get into the playoffs this year.

• Like 1

The Reds problem is that 3 of the teams that are probably selling and have realistic pitchers available are division opponents.  I just dont see the Reds giving up decent prospects to the Cubs, Pirates, or Cards.

Guys like Bieber, Scherzer, etc. would require too much in terms of prospects and are rentals for 2023 only.  

I mentioned Paxton of the Red Sox above.  Lorenzen could be a reasonable pickup from the Tigers.  Maybe someone from the Angels if they become sellers (not Ohtani), but teams like the Nationals, Rockies, A's, and Royals dont really have pitching worth looking at.  Everyone else, other than NL Central division foes,  is pretty much still 'in it' and may not be selling.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Middle infielder and has played first and third

Pass...

Thanks though

On another note, could be a big day for the Yanks as Carlos Rodon will be making his Yankee debut tonight against the Cubbies! He will be going against another former Yank, Jameson Taillon. I really have no idea how this will turn out or what to expect. The offense is sh*t city and the team seems lifeless....

Stay Tuned

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Pass...

Thanks though

On another note, could be a big day for the Yanks as Carlos Rodon will be making his Yankee debut tonight against the Cubbies! He will be going against another former Yank, Jameson Taillon. I really have no idea how this will turn out or what to expect. The offense is sh*t city and the team seems lifeless....

Stay Tuned

Besides Swanson Taillon was my favorite offseason acquisition because he pitched so good last year. Right now he's just lost. Expecting the Yankees to hit him and hit him all over the yard.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I said it when he was called up and I'll keep saying. Cruz was/is like a mirror when Schwarber was called up in 2015. The team just jumpstarted their season. Before Schwarber the Cubs were 40-35 in April/May/June. Rest of the year they were 27 games over .500. He was the final piece to a pretty lineup.

See the same with Cruz.

PS....is Abbott as good as advertised guys? Brewers offense stinks and was needing a pitcher for tonight in Fanduel. Easy choice right?

My unprofessional eyeball test wants to believe Abbott is every bit as good as advertised.  Physically, he reminds me of Tom Browning, RIP.  He also seems pretty tough mentally like Browning, which I like VERY much.  He's also got a cerebral side with other interests, I've heard, though I don't know what they are.   😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds problem is that 3 of the teams that are probably selling and have realistic pitchers available are division opponents.  I just dont see the Reds giving up decent prospects to the Cubs, Pirates, or Cards.

Guys like Bieber, Scherzer, etc. would require too much in terms of prospects and are rentals for 2023 only.  

I mentioned Paxton of the Red Sox above.  Lorenzen could be a reasonable pickup from the Tigers.  Maybe someone from the Angels if they become sellers (not Ohtani), but teams like the Nationals, Rockies, A's, and Royals dont really have pitching worth looking at.  Everyone else, other than NL Central division foes,  is pretty much still 'in it' and may not be selling.

I can see the Reds going after a "controllable"  SP such as Cease.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Besides Swanson Taillon was my favorite offseason acquisition because he pitched so good last year. Right now he's just lost. Expecting the Yankees to hit him and hit him all over the yard.

Going in to the 9th inning, Taillon with a 6.15 era, has pitched 1 hit ball thru 8 innings.

Another ex-Yankee to come back and bite them in the butt.... This shnit is gettin' old

On another AL East note, the once insurmountable lead the Tampa Bay Rays had isn't looking that good. With them losing to the Braves, the O's could be only 3 games back with a win against the Twinkies......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Pass...

Thanks though

Stay Tuned

UPDATE: Fittingly, the multi-million dollar off season signing, Carlos Rodon is tagged with a loss against the mighty Cubs, losing 3-0. Another bad signing by Casman???

Offense??? What stinkin' offense?? Yanks had a second night where they were lethargic, only getting 2 hits!!!

Reds down 6-2 after 5 

Abbott firs 6 starts 37 IP 5 runs

Tonight 4.1 IP 6 runs

Brewers offense has been pretty weak but pounded the gall do far tonight. For dome reason they hit the Reds pitching but not great against other teams. Reds are 6-17 the last two years against the Brewers

Just look at the offensive and out hing stats and it is hard to see how Milwaukee wins like they do.

Offensive 29th out of 30 

Pitching 14th out of 30

If they played the Reds more they would lead the league on hitting.

The main difference is put hing where the Reds are 27th and 10th in offense

Reds lose 7-3 but made it interesting in the 9th. Down 7-2 the Reds scored 1 and had the bases loaded with two outs but Senzel struck out. The Brewers had to bring in their closer to get 2 outs because the reliever that started the inning couldn't find the strike zone. The Reds just can't get swept in this series and need to go into the all star break in first place. The next 3 weeks will be a tough stretch for the Reds

@ Milwaukee

All Star break

Milwaukee

SF 

Arizona

@ Milwaukee

@ Dodgers

Past 29 games.. Reds are 22-7.. 

These stats are during that stretch (last night isn't included)..

TJ Friedl (23 games)-- 3HR 12RBI .280/.391/.427 10SBs 

McLain- 5HR 20RBIs 3 3B 9 2B .271/.349/.525 4SBs 

India- .202/.302/.413 7HR 19RBI

Stephenson (25 games, Reds are 20-5 during this stretch when he plays)- 4HR 15RBI .311/.382/.467

EDLC- .325/.361/.544 4HR 15RBI 12SBs 

Steer- 6SBs .283/.410/.495 6HR 21RBIs

Benson- quite a bit less PAs (67)-- 23g 19s .371/.481/.636 4SBs

Fraley- ABs 52 .346/.433/.615 4HR 14RBI 5SBs

I mentioned Votto.... 240/.356/.620 6HR 15RBI ... insane depth. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 1

vs Righties

India- .262/.352/.429 

Steer- .275/.375/.445

I wouldn't touch the lineup. I understand that India is slumping, but the team nor offense have really missed a beat... I think 20 games from now you might look at it again... especially moving into next season, but..  no not a big deal now.  

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

vs Righties

India- .262/.352/.429 

Steer- .275/.375/.445

I wouldn't touch the lineup. I understand that India is slumping, but the team nor offense have really missed a beat... I think 20 games from now you might look at it again... especially moving into next season, but..  no not a big deal now.  

Meh, I would tinkerBell with the line-up.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Thanks for that video, kinda lifted my spirits, especially after the past few games the Yanks have had.

Living here in Evansville, I have talked to guys over the years who played against Donny when he was in high school. They all said he had a "win at all cost" attitude. Maybe that's why he was so motivated.

I hope someday, he makes it in the MLB HOF.....