2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

13 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I hope this gets Friedl into the All-Star game, but it probably wont.

I look at the leading hitters and Freidl isn't on the list. I guess he probably doesn't have enough AB's but he should be close. It isn't like he has missed a lot games when he was injured.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

This year when facing RH pitchers our lineup has no easy outs. It seems like the offense isn't as potent against LH starters. Like yesterday the hitting for the first 7 innings wasn't great. We didn't have Freidl, Fraley, or Votto instead we had Newman, Maile and Senzel. Against RH pitchers your 7-9 hitters are Steer, Stephenson and Benson and I doubt many teams have a lineup that deep.

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The LHP lineup didnt go against a LHP, though. 

But yes, the RHP lineup is better. 

Actually, the Reds team stats through yesterday are

.255 average and .750 OPS against RHP

.267 average and .774 OPS against LHP

The stats when comparing STARTING pitchers is even more pronounced

.248 average and .731 OPS vs RH Starters

.279 average and .808 OPS vs LH Starters

• Thanks 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

It just seems like we struggled but I guess not, what about runs scored

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Do those two stats since June 1 

I'd also like to see slugging. And I also want to see the lineup of lefties and righties they have hit against. Incomplete info. 

Edited by btownqb

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Runs scored will be skewed by opportunities, which are much more against Righties. 

I'm at lunch in a wonderful little hole in the wall Mexican jpint, so not going to go in depth with the math, but here are the approximate numbers

~2500 Plate Appearances against RHP

~925 Plate Appearances against LHP

~325 Runs Scored against RHP

~115 Runs Scored against LHP

Not using a calculator, but those numbers appear to be fairly proportionate.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do those two stats since June 1 

I'd also like to see slugging. And I also want to see the lineup of lefties and righties they have hit against. Incomplete info. 

Not sure where to get the June 1 onward breakdown.

Slugging is built into OPS.  Dont recall the actual numbers breakdown between On-Base vs Slugging, but I recall them being fairly  proportionate regardless of pitching hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not sure where to get the June 1 onward breakdown.

Slugging is built into OPS.  Dont recall the actual numbers breakdown between On-Base vs Slugging, but I recall them being fairly  proportionate regardless of pitching hand.

I should have said homers. I know Slug is built in. 

Literally the Reds are two starting pitchers away from a LEGIT T5 team in baseball, simply put. I wonder where they can find those guys?!

I mean they have everything else. Literally. 

The other night though, what they did RHP All Star Josiah Gray just wasn't fair. 

I would think https://www.sports-reference.com/ you could do the time splits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Neither lineup struggles. Reds are 21-4 or something in the last 25. 

RHP lineup has more blast power, LHP probably more consistent(a little) and more base hits. 

Benson loses a lot going against lefties, he'd be my kicker here. Plus Newman-- great avg guy, Votto more bop. But.. the depth of each lineup is great. 

12 minutes ago, rico said:

I have kept telling you that the Yanks needed to trade for Newman.  I ain't so sure I wanna trade him now.

I don't think I'd touch a position player on the MLB roster. 🤷‍♂️

I've changed my stance slightly.....

can Edwin Arroyo be moved, again? 

Edited by btownqb

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I should have said homers. I know Slug is built in. 

Literally the Reds are two starting pitchers away from a LEGIT T5 team in baseball, simply put. I wonder where they can find those guys?!

I mean they have everything else. Literally. 

The other night though, what they did RHP All Star Josiah Gray just wasn't fair. 

I would think https://www.sports-reference.com/ you could do the time splits. 

Gray is only an all star because nobody else on the Nationals deserves to be. Also Gray was a former Red minor leaguer. Traded to the Dodgers in the Puig trade

Edited by IU Scott

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I said it when he was called up and I'll keep saying. Cruz was/is like a mirror when Schwarber was called up in 2015. The team just jumpstarted their season. Before Schwarber the Cubs were 40-35 in April/May/June. Rest of the year they were 27 games over .500. He was the final piece to a pretty lineup.

See the same with Cruz.

PS....is Abbott as good as advertised guys? Brewers offense stinks and was needing a pitcher for tonight in Fanduel. Easy choice right?

Another think about the LH lineup to the RH lineup is base running. Even when Freidl plays against a LHP they put him 8th in the lineup and Newman leading off. I love having Freidl leading off and using his speed and his aggressiveness on the base paths. You take out Fraley and Freidl you are taking out 31 stolen bases. Also if you have Mailed or Cassali in the lineup that is almost an automatic out.

Edited by IU Scott

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I said it when he was called up and I'll keep saying. Cruz was/is like a mirror when Schwarber was called up in 2015. The team just jumpstarted their season. Before Schwarber the Cubs were 40-35 in April/May/June. Rest of the year they were 27 games over .500. He was the final piece to a pretty lineup.

See the same with Cruz.

PS....is Abbott as good as advertised guys? Brewers offense stinks and was needing a pitcher for tonight in Fanduel. Easy choice right?

Abbott is that good.  That said, he has to have a below average game at some point. And, it should be noted that this will be the 2nd time the Brewers have seen him. 

Regardless of W/L, the K's should be there.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Another think about the LH lineup to the RH lineup is base running. Even when Freidl plays against a LHP they put him 8th in the lineup and Newman leading off. I love having Freidl leading off and using his speed and his aggressiveness on the base paths. You take out Fraley and Freidl you are taking out 31 stolen bases. Also if you have Mailed or Cassali in the lineup that is almost an automatic out.

Maile is hitting about .230, which is pretty good for a backup catcher.  Honestly, I prefer having Maile behind the plate over Stephenson.  He is probably worth a run a game over Stephenson when it comes to framing pitches, controlling the running game, and calling pitches.  So, unless Stephenson contributes at least a run batting, we cone out ahead with Maile.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1