2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yanks getting totally embarrassed by the O's 13-0 so far. Severino got tagged for 7 runs and Abreu for 6. O's have a total of 15 hits. The Yanks? A whopping 1 hit  

Severino is a shell of his former self and needs to be DFA'd and some serious ass chewing to the rest of the team..

Kind of funny how two teams with almost identical records can be viewed so differently from fans. Reds 49-39 is two games ahead in their division. The Yankees are 48-39 but are in third place and 8.5 games back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Kind of funny how two teams with almost identical records can be viewed so differently from fans. Reds 49-39 is two games ahead in their division. The Yankees are 48-39 but are in third place and 8.5 games back.

Yankee fans think if the Yanks don't win a WS every year, it's a bust. Tonight's game was a total ass whooping. The O's are younger, hungrier and want it more. The Yanks? They are complacent and play with no effort. Like letting a foul ball drop in between 2 players. The pitchers threw a total of 233 pitches!!! Severino needs to go NOW!! And take Cashman with him, he's responsible for the construction of this team and a lot of history with bad trades!

I can see the Yankees being sellers by the trade deadline...

Rant over...

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

exactly why I wasnt watching a year ago.  Current lineup is very fun and incredibly deep against LHP and RHP. 

That almost looks like what Crean ran our there his first couple of years. Good Lord the overall the Reds have done.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I had high hopes for Benson early on.  He tore it up in ST then quickly struggled when the regular season started.  Glad Votto got him going down the right path.  Guy is a superb athlete.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

I had high hopes for Benson early on.  He tore it up in ST then quickly struggled when the regular season started.  Glad Votto got him going down the right path.  Guy is a superb athlete.

I mean.. what's his ceiling? 6'5 230 plus runner, not elite, but he can move. 

Literally just turned 25... 

189 PA for his career-- .253 avg 

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I mean.. what's his ceiling? 6'5 230 plus runner, not elite, but he can move. 

Literally just turned 25... 

189 PA for his career-- .253 avg 

With the way the Reds are set up he is gonna be a bottom of the line-up hitter.  That being said I say he is gonna be a .275/20/75 type guy(I hope).  That will also get you around 30 SBs a year.  I say the ceiling is an All-Star.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rico said:

With the way the Reds are set up he is gonna be a bottom of the line-up hitter.  That being said I say he is gonna be a .275/20/75 type guy(I hope).  That will also get you around 30 SBs a year.  I say the ceiling is an All-Star.

This year when facing RH pitchers our lineup has no easy outs. It seems like the offense isn't as potent against LH starters. Like yesterday the hitting for the first 7 innings wasn't great. We didn't have Freidl, Fraley, or Votto instead we had Newman, Maile and Senzel. Against RH pitchers your 7-9 hitters are Steer, Stephenson and Benson and I doubt many teams have a lineup that deep.

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This year when facing RH pitchers our lineup has no easy outs. It seems like the offense isn't as potent against LH starters. Like yesterday the hitting for the first 7 innings wasn't great. We didn't have Freidl, Fraley, or Votto instead we had Newman, Maile and Senzel. Against RH pitchers your 7-9 hitters are Steer, Stephenson and Benson and I doubt many teams have a lineup that deep.

The LHP lineup didnt go against a LHP, though. 

But yes, the RHP lineup is better. 

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, rico said:

He has the power to hit an easy 20. Consistently making the contact, obviously that is incredibly hard to do. I'm impressed with him. He's one of my favorites. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He has the power to hit an easy 20. Consistently making the contact, obviously that is incredibly hard to do. I'm impressed with him. He's one of my favorites. 

I honestly believe he could be a 30-30 guy.

• Like 1