2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Mmm ok. 

I just dont run my dumbass mouth about subject areas I don't know anything about. 

Keep guessing though, Scott. 

Sure you do because everyone on a message board does that. We state our opinion and why we feel that opinion is correct even though we don't know exactly what is going on. Why come to a message board if you have no opinion. It seems you come on here just to tell people they are wrong and how dumb their opinions are. Anytime someone tries to discuss call aching decisions you always back the coach no matter what. When things go well I will give them credit and when they do something wrong I will point that out as well.  I think with you being in coaching you will never criticize a decision by any coach no matter how glaring it was.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Sure you do because everyone on a message board does that. We state our opinion and why we feel that opinion is correct even though we don't know exactly what is going on. Why come to a message board if you have no opinion. It seems you come on here just to tell people they are wrong and how dumb their opinions are. Anytime someone tries to discuss call aching decisions you always back the coach no matter what. When things go well I will give them credit and when they do something wrong I will point that out as well.  I think with you being in coaching you will never criticize a decision by any coach no matter how glaring it was.

Yeah no, I don't. 

You blamed pitchers getting hurt on weight training 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pulling Williamson was the right decision in todays game. He was pitching well but he was going to see the heart of their order a 3rd time and he’s a young pitcher that they wanted to have come out of the game while still having a successful start. Now the bullpen has been used a lot but that’s just the reality of the Reds bad/injured starting pitchers. Farmer has been pretty good but he’s wearing down. So are some of the other relievers. Unfortunately they just need to survive until the all star break at this point. Not every decision is a bad one by Bell. It’s just the reality of the situation. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Pulling Williamson was the right decision in todays game. He was pitching well but he was going to see the heart of their order a 3rd time and he’s a young pitcher that they wanted to have come out of the game while still having a successful start. Now the bullpen has been used a lot but that’s just the reality of the Reds bad/injured starting pitchers. Farmer has been pretty good but he’s wearing down. So are some of the other relievers. Unfortunately they just need to survive until the all star break at this point. Not every decision is a bad one by Bell. It’s just the reality of the situation. 

Yeah but Rico and Scott managed their kids teams in the 80s, so I'm sure they know more about it! 🤣

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Yeah but Rico and Scott managed their kids teams in the 80s, so I'm sure they know more about it! 🤣

I was a kid in the early 80's so I didn't have any kids then. LOL! What we have seen is pitchers actually pitch deep into games and are allowed to battle through a jam.

I saw my teammate in little league pitch as many innings in a game than a major league pitcher does today. We played 6 innings and he would complete every game and there were no pitch limits. Ours were you could only pitch 10 innings in a week.

Edited by IU Scott

44 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was a kid in the early 80's so I didn't have any kids then. LOL! What we have seen is pitchers actually pitch deep into games and are allowed to battle through a jam.

I saw my teammate in little league pitch as many innings in a game than a major league pitcher does today. We played 6 innings and he would complete every game and there were no pitch limits. Ours were you could only pitch 10 innings in a week.

You know @IU Scott, you keep trying to make the point that kids pitching a lot strengthens the arm and that they baby pitchers today...

There is a TON of irrefutable evidence that says too many little league/high school/American Legion innings on a young arm leads to injury...

Here's one article with the opinion of some highly respected college coaches...

There's no doubt that limiting pitch count for young pitchers is essential... None... 

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

Don't pull me into the Williamson discussion but since you asked I would have left him in.  He's got to learn sometime.  And btw, from what I have seen lately from you here in the MLB forum, you have the Reds all figured.

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You know @IU Scott, you keep trying to make the point that kids pitching a lot strengthens the arm and that they baby pitchers today...

There is a TON of irrefutable evidence that says too many little league/high school/American Legion innings on a young arm leads to injury...

Here's one article with the opinion of some highly respected college coaches...

There's no doubt that limiting pitch count for young pitchers is essential... None... 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2603590346628778/permalink/3572421683078968/?ref=share&mibextid=X4gme1

Love this story 

SMH 

Bullpen did it again

Took Abbott out after he gave up a solo homer in the 8th with two outs. Sims on the first pitch gave up another homer to tie it at 2.

It was like Abbott was losing it because he struck out the first two batters of the inning. Should have let him to try to go ish the 8th.

Edited by IU Scott

Reds win 4-3 after Diaz gave up a run and left the tying run on second. Diaz hasn't been himself the last 7 outings. He was striking out half the batters he faced but only had 4 K's in his last 7 games.  This bullpen needs the all star break to hurry up getting here

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah, cool story...

You do know that Spahn wasn't exactly a flame thrower... He pitched on guile... Kind of a left handed Greg Maddux of his day... He had one of the best quotes I've ever read about pitching...

"Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing."

That about sums it up...

As for Marichal, he, like many other pitchers, had arm issues later in his career...

Very few power pitchers dodge arm problems... Especially from overuse...