2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Your man Farmer just gave up a 3 run homer in the 6th. Game was tied at 1. He now just gave up a solo homer to make it 5-1.

I have no idea why Bell took the ut Williamson after giving up a leadoff single in the 6th. He had given up only 1 run on 3 hits so no need to pull him so quickly

I'd guess at least part of the reason is that he doesn't believe that he can't trust Williamson much beyond five innings.  Could be some analytics along with his gut or just a hunch...who knows.  

Edited by jv1972iu

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds bullpen has now totally blown this game wide open. Farmer gave up 3 runs in the 6th and now Mills had given up 3 runs so far in the 7th. Two errors by De La Cruz and Steer hasn't helped.

Make that 5 runs in the 7th against Mills and it still isn't over. Bell takes out a starter who was rolling in the 6th yet he is leaving Mills in and letting the game get out of hand 10-1

Edited by IU Scott

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Your man Farmer just gave up a 3 run homer in the 6th. Game was tied at 1. He now just gave up a solo homer to make it 5-1.

I have no idea why Bell took the ut Williamson after giving up a leadoff single in the 6th. He had given up only 1 run on 3 hits so no need to pull him so quickly

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Keep watching sports to 2nd guess coaches and managers, Scott. 

I've watched every pitch btw. There was 100% reason to pull Williamson... he was getting ready to get shredded going through the order the 3rd time. 

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Keep watching sports to 2nd guess coaches and managers, Scott. 

I've watched every pitch btw. There was 100% reason to pull Williamson... he was getting ready to get shredded going through the order the 3rd time. 

Totally disagree with pulling Williamson. The bullpen has been used way to often and some of the guys like Farmer and Gibault is showing it. If you are getting a good outing by your starter let him go longer.  Your lady sentence is what is wrong with baseball because pitchers should be able to go through a lineup more than han two times. It is all physiological because pitchers has been fed this BS about going the third time through a lineup. Learn to pitch instead of just throwing and train to go longer in the game

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Totally disagree with pulling Williamson. The bullpen has been used way to often and some of the guys like Farmer and Gibault is showing it. If you are getting a good outing by your starter let him go longer.  Your lady sentence is what is wrong with baseball because pitchers should be able to go through a lineup more than han two times. It is all physiological because pitchers has been fed this BS about going the third time through a lineup. Learn to pitch instead of just throwing and train to go longer in the game

Ok. 👍

Just now, btownqb said:

Ok. 👍

Man I have watched pitchers pitch deep in games for years and there is no reason pitchers can't today. They use to never keep track on pitch counts on the broadcast of the game and nobody cared. Nolan Ryan pitched 24 years without major arm problems and even.had a game where he had 235 pitches in 13 innings. If it was proven that coddling pitchers prevented injuries then I could get behind it but it hasn't decreased injuries

I argue there are way more serious arm injuries today compared to the past. I argue the problem is kids pitching to much early to n their development especially in summer ball. Also don't teach the kids to try to throw as hard as you can for as long as you can. Teach them how to pitch by changing speeds and location

Just now, IU Scott said:

Man I have watched pitchers pitch deep in games for years and there is no reason pitchers can't today. They use to never keep track on pitch counts on the broadcast of the game and nobody cared. Nolan Ryan pitched 24 years without major arm problems and even.had a game where he had 235 pitches in 13 innings. If it was proven that coddling pitchers prevented injuries then I could get behind it but it hasn't decreased injuries

I argue there are way more serious arm injuries today compared to the past. I argue the problem is kids pitching to much early to n their development especially in summer ball. Also don't teach the kids to try to throw as hard as you can for as long as you can. Teach them how to pitch by changing speeds and location

Sure bring up one subhuman to use as the rule for everyone. 

I personally think you are clueless on the subject, which, pretty much explains me as well. I've never pitched in the Bigs, I've never managed in the Bigs, why would I think I'm qualified to tell people what they should and shouldn't be doing? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Williamson had just given up a single to .143 avg hitter in Austin Nola. Sure let him struggle through Tatis, Machado, and Soto?.. that's terrible management. 

What did those players do against him before the 6th inning. If you coddle players and don't allow them to work through some tough times then they won't succeed. The first sign of a problem they will wilt u det pressure.  I am sorry but if things worked in the past that I have seen with my own eyes there are no reason they can't today. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What did those players do against him before the 6th inning. If you coddle players and don't allow them to work through some tough times then they won't succeed. The first sign of a problem they will wilt u det pressure.  I am sorry but if things worked in the past that I have seen with my own eyes there are no reason they can't today. 

Scott I really don't care. The Reds lost. It's baseball. 5IP 2ER from Williamson is fantastic. Like what else do you want? Buck Farmer needs to do his job. Alec Mills, do your job. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Sure bring up one subhuman to use as the rule for everyone. 

I personally think you are clueless on the subject, which, pretty much explains me as well. I've never pitched in the Bigs, I've never managed in the Bigs, why would I think I'm qualified to tell people what they should and shouldn't be doing? 

Go look at the history of the he game and you will see way more pitchers besides Ryan that did the same thing.  Those all time greats pitchers out he'd for years and usually starting about 35-40 games a year and 250-300 innings a year. I get it that you weren't alive when these things happened and can't comprehend how it can work because you haven't seen it.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Go look at the history of the he game and you will see way more pitchers besides Ryan that did the same thing.  Those all time greats pitchers out he'd for years and usually starting about 35-40 games a year and 250-300 innings a year. I get it that you weren't alive when these things happened and can't comprehend how it can work because you haven't seen it.

Oh I've seen it. I just don't pretend like I have the answers the fix any of this stuff with the arms. 

The Reds didn't lose today because D Bell pulled 6.60ERA Brandon Williamson in the 6th... 

Just now, btownqb said:

Scott I really don't care. The Reds lost. It's baseball. 5IP 2ER from Williamson is fantastic. Like what else do you want? Buck Farmer needs to do his job. Alec Mills, do your job. 

That is sad when going 5 innings and giving up two runs is fantastic. By pulling starters to early that leads to over using the bullpen and guys like Farmer has more problems doing their job.  There is no reason to have to use the bullpen 4+ innings a game. No reason a starter can't at least give you 7 innings when pitching well 

Just now, IU Scott said:

That is sad when going 5 innings and giving up two runs is fantastic. By pulling starters to early that leads to over using the bullpen and guys like Farmer has more problems doing their job.  There is no reason to have to use the bullpen 4+ innings a game. No reason a starter can't at least give you 7 innings when pitching well 

👍

You should apply to manage! 

Just now, btownqb said:

Oh I've seen it. I just don't pretend like I have the answers the fix any of this stuff with the arms. 

The Reds didn't lose today because D Bell pulled 6.60ERA Brandon Williamson in the 6th... 

I disagree because that is what lost the game. With this offense all you need is to control the be other teams offense. You score 5 runs you should win most games. 

I am not an expert but there is something that kids or how they are handled are doing today that are causing way more injuries.  To me what I see that is different is the velocity is way up compared to what it use to be. Throwing a baseball is not a normal thing for a human arm to endure so the harder you throw the more wear and tear it causes. Back in the day these pitchers didn't pitch all summer during youth and high school and gave their arms some rest. They probably do way more lifting than they use to which puts stress in your arm at a young age.

👍

You should apply to manage! 

Anyone can see using the bullpen 4 innings a game will cause problems the longer the a ason goes. As long as the starter is pitching well going 7 is reasonable. If that happens then you only need 1 or 2 relievers to finish the game. Those guys will be your best relievers and not have to rely on the bottom of the pen. I remember when a pitching staff had 10 pitchers but today it is 13-14 pitchers. Hell they use to have a 4 starter rotation 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I disagree because that is what lost the game. With this offense all you need is to control the be other teams offense. You score 5 runs you should win most games. 

I am not an expert but there is something that kids or how they are handled are doing today that are causing way more injuries.  To me what I see that is different is the velocity is way up compared to what it use to be. Throwing a baseball is not a normal thing for a human arm to endure so the harder you throw the more wear and tear it causes. Back in the day these pitchers didn't pitch all summer during youth and high school and gave their arms some rest. They probably do way more lifting than they use to which puts stress in your arm at a young age.

Scott stop man. 

You're just talking out your ass lol now you've found a way to blame it on weight training? 

Scott stop man. 

You're just talking out your ass lol now you've found a way to blame it on weight training? 

So you know everything so tell us why pitchers get hurt more often today. I meant when they were younger and not once they develop. Kids in every sport today are expected to decide on a sport to young and they over use the same muscles and ligaments. Kids don't go just out and play for the fun of it today and have to only play organized ball and to me that way s unhealthy.

Just now, IU Scott said:

So you know everything so tell us why pitchers get hurt more often today. I meant when they were younger and not once they develop. Kids in every sport today are expected to decide on a sport to young and they over use the same muscles and ligaments. Kids don't go just out and play for the fun of it today and have to only play organized ball and to me that way s unhealthy.

I've verbatim stated.. I know nothing. Lol 

Edited by btownqb