2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

On 6/29/2023 at 6:35 AM, rico said:

WTF?  No he hasn't.  Buck has excelled in games where the Reds are behind.  When he is in a save opportunity he has been horrid.  I think he has 4 blown saves in 6 save opportunities.  Gibaut is the same way.  Can't trust either one with lead.

He had a 2.45ERA in June before the other night.. and the Reds had just played 5 of 6 games where they relied HEAVILY on the pen. Literally the night before he threw a scoreless innning, in the same situation, in the 8th. 

There is no coaching error there. 

42 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He had a 2.45ERA in June before the other night.. and the Reds had just played 5 of 6 games where they relied HEAVILY on the pen. Literally the night before he threw a scoreless innning, in the same situation, in the 8th. 

I never said there was a coaching error.  I contend he isn't money as you said.  He is not a closer nor is he a set-up guy thus I get nervous when he is put in those situations.

28 minutes ago, rico said:

I never said there was a coaching error.  I contend he isn't money as you said.  He is not a closer nor is he a set-up guy thus I get nervous when he is put in those situations.

There isn't really a setup guy, though.. 

His #s show his been solid to good, and the night before he excelled in the exact same role. 

Edited by btownqb

So far Graham Ashcraft is looking like he did in his first 6 starts. Through 3 innings he gave up 1 hit which wasn't hot very hard. He is getting weak contact which is a sign he is going well. He also got through 3 on 34 pitches

The bad through 2 at bats the Reds have not got a hit

Reds win on a walk off homer by Steer in the 11th. I went out to dinner with my brother and the score was 0-0 in the 5th when I left.  I guess Diaz blew his first save by giving up a run in the 9th to tie it at 2-2. Sound like that Ashcraft finally pitched well.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds game starting early due to a Taylor Swift concert that is in Cincy

I was downtown with my wife to meet a friend for lunch today in Cincy.  It was noon and the crowds were already building for both the early game and the concert.  The Swifties were out in force heading to the Taylor Swift merchandise trucks parked at the Banks.  It was a zoo!  Great for the Hospitality businesses... and the city in general.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

I was downtown with my wife to meet a friend for lunch today in Cincy.  It was noon and the crowds were already building for both the early game and the concert.  The Swifties were out in force heading to the Taylor Swift merchandise trucks parked at the Banks.  It was a zoo!  Great for the Hospitality businesses... and the city in general.

I thought for awhile the players wanted to get the game over quickly to go to the concert.  The first 5 innings took a little over an hour and there were a lot of guys making outs on first pitches 

On 6/30/2023 at 9:53 AM, btownqb said:

Your man Farmer just gave up a 3 run homer in the 6th. Game was tied at 1. He now just gave up a solo homer to make it 5-1.

I have no idea why Bell took the ut Williamson after giving up a leadoff single in the 6th. He had given up only 1 run on 3 hits so no need to pull him so quickly