2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Reds scored 3 in the top of the first but Weaver has already given up the 4-3 still on the bottom of the 1st. He has now given up 23 runs in the 1st inning and 9 so far in the last two games.  He gets ahead of the count but then fools around and waste pitches that have no shot of being strikes.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Wasn't able to give up the triple to complete the cycle.  

Should have kept Gibault in the game. He got through the 7th inning on 13 pitches.

Top of 9th Reds had 1st and 3rd and no outs but didn't score. Had De La Cruz on 3 so they should had Senzel try to steal 2nd and try a double steal 

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Should have kept Gibault in the game. He got through the 7th inning on 13 pitches.

Top of 9th Reds had 1st and 3rd and no outs but didn't score. Had De La Cruz on 3 so they should had Senzel try to steal 2nd and try a double steal 

Not buying that whatsoever. 

Votto is still a concern for me.  Yeah, he had a great start, but he has 5 hits, 4 walks and 11 k's in 27 ab's.  That ain't gonna cut it.  I'm willing to give him more time, but they need to watch his playing situations closely, imo.  I know it's a difficult decision, but if he can't hit his weight...??

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's not really how they operate. They throw innings. Farmer had 2 outs and no one on. David Bell played the thing right. 

I disagree. I think relievers are usually better in one inning spurts. So many get hot go into the game and then if the get out of the inning and sit in the dugout their adrenaline stops pumping and they don’t have the same stuff after that. Most of the guys the Reds have are better off going 1 inning at a time and that’s why the bullpen has been better this year imo because in the past Bell wanted guys throwing multiple innings at a time and the pen was AWFUL

35 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Votto is still a concern for me.  Yeah, he had a great start, but he has 5 hits, 4 walks and 11 k's in 27 ab's.  That ain't gonna cut it.  I'm willing to give him more time, but they need to watch his playing situations closely, imo.  I know it's a difficult decision, but if he can't hit his weight...??

Votto will continue to play no matter what. He’ll have games he looks awesome and games he looks bad. That’s the reality of where he’s at in his career 

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I disagree. I think relievers are usually better in one inning spurts. So many get hot go into the game and then if the get out of the inning and sit in the dugout their adrenaline stops pumping and they don’t have the same stuff after that. Most of the guys the Reds have are better off going 1 inning at a time and that’s why the bullpen has been better this year imo because in the past Bell wanted guys throwing multiple innings at a time and the pen was AWFUL

Word for word what I said. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

Because Farmer has been money. 

WTF?  No he hasn't.  Buck has excelled in games where the Reds are behind.  When he is in a save opportunity he has been horrid.  I think he has 4 blown saves in 6 save opportunities.  Gibaut is the same way.  Can't trust either one with lead.

11 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Votto will continue to play no matter what. He’ll have games he looks awesome and games he looks bad. That’s the reality of where he’s at in his career 

The way it is going Joey might end up relegated to the bench.