2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 hours ago, rico said:

Seems that some are not giving Joey Votto enough credit to be in the Reds short term plans.  Since his return his OPS is 1.213.  I would assume that if Joey keeps raking that he will be a Red next year at a reduced salary?

Sure Votto could be a piece moving forward but I’m not sure if he’ll continue at the pace he’s been on. We will see what happens but he could definitely be an option if he keeps hitting. 

Played some golf with buddies who are Cardinal fans and we got to talking about the famous Coleman walk, steal 2nd and 3rd and Tommy Herr would drive them in. Got me to thinking because Herr never hit HR's. Only twice since 1950 has a player had 100 RBI with less than 10 HR's. Herr in 85 and Molitor in 96.

https://www.statmuse.com/mlb/ask?q=100+rbi+by+a+player+in+a+season+with+less+than+10+hr%2C+list+by+most+recent

Speaking of stats. Heard this on DP this morning. As of right now the MLB hasn't had a no hitter. I think I heard this right they said some dude on July 9th, 1976 threw a no hitter and that was the longest start to a season ever without one.

You'd figure with the way players strike out so much we'd have one by now. 

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of stats. Heard this on DP this morning. As of right now the MLB hasn't had a no hitter. I think I heard this right they said some dude on July 9th, 1976 threw a no hitter and that was the longest start to a season ever without one.

You'd figure with the way players strike out so much we'd have one by now. 

You must of missed the part where they said there were no no-hitters thrown in '82.

• Like 1

Had a 2 hour delay but I wish it would have rained it out. Orioles up 7-1 in the 5th. Our bullpen is a total wreck and we keep bringing different guys up and all of the have ERA above 5 in the minors. 

Eventually it is just going to kill any momentum we had in the winning streak.  Besides Diaz, Sims, Farmer and Young the rest of the bullpen is garbage. Besides Abbott the rest of the starters are minor leaguers at best. Need to get Ashcraft right and get Green and Loddolo healthy

Edited by IU Scott

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

They needed to have a better organizational depth of relievers in their farm system.  The guys they bringing up lately has no reason to ever be in major game

How many bullpens are better than the Reds, currently? 

Diaz, Sims, Farmer, Young, and Gibaut are solid as shit. 

Get Stoudt to the pen, too.