2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Bottom of 5th 

De La Cruz RBI single 3/4 of the way for the cycle

Votto 3 run homer 9-7 Reds

Reds are so fun to watch, they never give up

Can't believe the number of Reds fans  that were worried about Votto screwing up the team's chemistry.

I'm saying this because I can see some parallels. When the Cubs called up Schwarber in 2015 he was the catalyst that took that lineup to the next level and from there the rest is history.

Reds might not have to worry about pitching if they score 9 every night. Give them 1-2 more starters and a bullpen guy and see what happens. 

Pitching always wins but now the Reds mgt can figure out who to target and what it will cost them. 

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm saying this because I can see some parallels. When the Cubs called up Schwarber in 2015 he was the catalyst that took that lineup to the next level and from there the rest is history.

Reds might not have to worry about pitching if they score 9 every night. Give them 1-2 more starters and a bullpen guy and see what happens. 

Pitching always wins but now the Reds mgt can figure out who to target and what it will cost them. 

Not sold that trading for an arm this year is 100% the right move long term. I don't know that I would fault them by any means though. If Stephenson gives them anything.. the lineup is, I would assume, as good as anyones. 

Outside of McClain and Elly... I'm not sure which position players are the guys. It's really a good problem to have. Their minor leagues look very solid. 

• Like 1

I just hope that the Reds don’t give up CES for a rental or two year player. That guy can absolutely rake too. It’ll be tough to sustain this offense, and I know that Greene and Lodolo are still a ways from returning, but… if they can somehow manage to remain a threat without giving away much, I like their chances. What a fun team to watch!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I just hope that the Reds don’t give up CES for a rental or two year player. That guy can absolutely rake too. It’ll be tough to sustain this offense, and I know that Greene and Lodolo are still a ways from returning, but… if they can somehow manage to remain a threat without giving away much, I like their chances. What a fun team to watch!

That was kind of my point. I also dont want to see them dump someone like Steer for the same reason. 

The Reds have pitching... two or three of the arms are still in the minors, sure... but if Lodolo comes back healthy, I'm not sure they aren't better served to sit back this season, allow it to play out however, and then go from there. 

Simply put.. idk that Stephenson and India are long term guys, among other things/question marks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

That was kind of my point. I also dont want to see them dump someone like Steer for the same reason. 

The Reds have pitching... two or three of the arms are still in the minors, sure... but if Lodolo comes back healthy, I'm not sure they aren't better served to sit back this season, allow it to play out however, and then go from there. 

Simply put.. idk that Stephenson and India are long term guys, among other things/question marks. 

I think you hold onto India until Marte is ready. Then you can move India and get a nice haul for him, as long as Marte becomes what we all think he will. I believe that Senzel is an intriguing piece right now. He and Maile could get you a couple of really decent arms to boot, along with another prospect or two. As long as they don’t give up CES, Marte, or Collier, I’d be fine with a move or two.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I think you hold onto India until Marte is ready. Then you can move India and get a nice haul for him, as long as Marte becomes what we all think he will. I believe that Senzel is an intriguing piece right now. He and Maile could get you a couple of really decent arms to boot, along with another prospect or two. As long as they don’t give up CES, Marte, or Collier, I’d be fine with a move or two.

Elly+McClain would be untouchable for me, as well.

And your opinion on Marte and India is exactly why, maybe waiting, is the best long term option. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And your opinion on Marte and India is exactly why, maybe waiting, is the best long term option. 

Yes, you would lose the entire fanbase and cause irreparable damage throughout baseball if they were to even consider moving Elly or McLain. They could probably get ELDC for peanuts if they offered him 10 + $300 million, or 8 + $240. When he becomes a free agent, he could demand an astronomical price tag. Pay him for 10 years and he’s 31/32 when the contract is over. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think Yogi Berra may have once said, "If you get 9 runs a came, you'll probably win a lot of games."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

That will be the tough decision to be made if the Reds continue to play well all summer. Do you make a move to get arms or bullpen help because you have a legit chance? Or do you stay put, not make any moves because you want to keep your prospects?

Tough call and either way they go it will be met with debate.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That will be the tough decision to be made if the Reds continue to play well all summer. Do you make a move to get arms or bullpen help because you have a legit chance? Or do you stay put, not make any moves because you want to keep your prospects?

Tough call and either way they go it will be met with debate.

Yep. Like... sure go all out this year, but make sure that can't hinder you at all in the future....because next year and beyond the Reds should expect to be good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yep. Like... sure go all out this year, but make sure that can't hinder you at all in the future....because next year and beyond the Reds should expect to be good. 

I don't know the roster in terms of contracts...but I wouldn't be parting with any of my guys/prospects. You could be setup for a 5-6 year run here. Just like my Cubs in 2015 we didn't do anything....but we did ship some in 2016 to get Chapman.

I'd stand pat. Try to add a veteran arm to the rotation and pen and see what happens.