2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

38 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If you draft a guy #1 and he barely hits .200 as a rookie and is then hitting .224 the next year, is it anything to worry about? 

Asking for a friend. 

I know it's a different era, but look up Mike Schmidt.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Cardinals are literally 4-6 in their last 10, yet this is the headline to the recap of today's matchup against Washington.  

Cool Off?

image.png.0cb0ada8854624c3f5f1d7cd60434955.png

Hey now, the Cards had won the first 2 games of the series. That qualifies as a win streak for the Cards this year.

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Probably a good thing Al Avila got canned last summer. Had two #1 draft picks, wasted one on a pitcher who hasn't thrown in 14 months and now this. 

Maybe they rushed Spencer through the minors?  I dunno since he is a college kid.

After a day off to savor 11 straight wins, the Cincinnati Reds look to match their longest win streak in the modern era on Friday when they host another red-hot club, the Atlanta Braves.

The Reds have taken over first place in the NL Central while the Braves, who have won eight straight, boast the best record in the NL East and the league overall.

Entering this season, the Braves were expected to contend for another NL East title and their second World Series championship in three seasons. The Reds were coming off just the second 100-loss season in their long history.

That makes what Cincinnati has accomplished in the past two weeks all the more remarkable. With a victory on Friday night, the Reds would match the 1957 and 1939 teams for the franchise's longest single-season winning streak since 1900. The team record in the modern era is a 13-game run that started in 1918 and ended in 1919.

The Braves will send right-hander AJ Smith-Shawver (1-0, 2.03 ERA) to the mound in the series opener. Smith-Shawver will be making his fourth career start and his first vs. Cincinnati.

The Reds will counter with right-hander Luke Weaver (1-2, 6.47 ERA),
In six career appearances (five starts) vs. Atlanta, he is 1-3 with a 4.91 ERA.

Weaver gave up a career-high-tying 10 hits in his most recent outing, on Sunday at Houston, when he allowed five runs in five innings. The Reds rallied from a 5-2 hole and beat the Astros 9-7 in 10 innings

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/teams-on-long-win-streaks-clash-as-reds-face-braves/

23 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He pitched for the Reds so I know about him.

Yeah I do too.

Especially after giving up 2 AL championship game winners to the Asstrohs and coming off the field with his s**t eating grin on his face!

Anybody wants him can have him as far as I'm concerned......

Edited by Proud2BAHoosier

Joel Luckhaupt
@jluckhaupt

Elly De La Cruz has not faced a pitcher who is younger than him all year (even in AAA).

Today's Braves SP, AJ Smith-Shawver, is 10 months younger than EDLC.

It'll be the first MLB matchup ever between a hitter & pitcher born in 2002 or later.

• Like 1