2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

27 minutes ago, rico said:

Cincinnati Reds
@Reds
·
22s

The #Reds today reinstated IF/OF Nick Senzel from the 10-day injured list and optioned IF/OF Jose Barrero to Triple-A Louisville.

Been wondering what the Reds were going to do when guys got healthy. Senzel, Meyers, Fraley and Votto. 

I thought Hopkins and Barrero would go but after that I am not sure. Also hopefully they call up Encarscion-Strand up soon

I think Fairchild and Newman has earned a roster spot and Benson has played better lately.  With them not playing Stephenson at 1st I would think they don't need 3 catchers any longer.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Been wondering what the Reds were going to do when guys got healthy. Senzel, Meyers, Fraley and Votto. 

I thought Hopkins and Barrero would go but after that I am not sure. Also hopefully they call up Encarscion-Strand up soon

I think Fairchild and Newman has earned a roster spot and Benson has played better lately.  With them not playing Stephenson at 1st I would think they don't need 3 catchers any longer.

They should just DFA Meyers.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I agree with that.

Also I wonder if Votto would waive his no trade clause and see if Toronto wos be interested.  I doubt that could happen 

If the Reds have a chance at the postseason, Votto deserves to be part of that.

They were talking on DP this morning about what do you do with Ohtani/Angels? Right now they would be in playoffs....but from an organization standpoint what do you do? Let it play out and get nothing for him in what could be a generational haul with right organization? Trade him and ultimately white flag the season? Tough spot. 

If I were GM you have to say what's the number. Find out if you can do that and if you can't....you have to trade him for prospects or whatever.

Reds beat the Astros 2-1 in a really good pitching dual. Abbott went 6 scoreless innings becoming only the second starting pitcher since 1901 to start the their career with 3 scoreless starts. Reds scored both of their runs in the 7th inning and the Astros scored once in the 9th off of Diaz.

Reds will dump one of the lesser guys who has experience, ie. Myers or Casali/Maile.  I'd prefer Myers, I think.  Let Votto play 1st some, DH and pinch hit.  I wouldn't mess with things too much since it's going well.  Bell has been playing musical chairs and should just keep doing that while working Votto in.  I like three catchers, though neither Casali nor Maile can hit much.

Edited by jv1972iu

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

They were talking on DP this morning about what do you do with Ohtani/Angels? Right now they would be in playoffs....but from an organization standpoint what do you do? Let it play out and get nothing for him in what could be a generational haul with right organization? Trade him and ultimately white flag the season? Tough spot. 

If I were GM you have to say what's the number. Find out if you can do that and if you can't....you have to trade him for prospects or whatever.

Trade him and get help for this year's play-off run?  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds will dump one of the lesser guys who has experience, ie. Myers or Casali/Maile.  I'd prefer Myers, I think.  Let Votto play 1st some, DH and pinch hit.  I wouldn't mess with things too much since it's going well.  Bell has been playing musical chairs and should just keep doing that while working Votto in.  I like three catchers, though neither Casali nor Maile can hit much.

About to take another road series, and will be looking for their 8th straight win (all on the road) tomorrow. 10-3 currently B9 

One thing I hope David Bell doesn't do is keep Senzel in the lineup to long. He comes back and was out right back in the lineup and has went 0-9 and left 15 runners on base. Today alone he left 11 men in and came up with the bases loaded twice. Fairchild has been hitting well and should see playing time. Also Benson is on fire the last two weeks

Votto, Encarnacion-Strand, and Fraley may all be on the Reds active roster by the end of June.  Who goes?  

1) A backup catcher

2) Hopkins

3) Senzel or Fairchild?  I probably prefer to keep Fairchild.

This assumes Myers gets traded before he is activated.  

I've done a complete 180 on Kevin Newman.  Hope the Reds keep him to cover the infield should someone get hurt or start to slump.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Votto, Encarnacion-Strand, and Fraley may all be on the Reds active roster by the end of June.  Who goes?  

1) A backup catcher

2) Hopkins

I've done a complete 180 on Kevin Newman.  Hope the Reds keep him to cover the infield should someone get hurt or start to slump.  

It seems unanimous here that Myers is out.  Hopkins can go back down to AAA.  Fairchild has been solid, but Senzel gives you position flexibility WHEN he's healthy.  If you could package him with Myers for some prospect(s), I would jump at it.  His injury history has made him vulnerable, IMO.  Plus Newman actually gives you much of the same flexibility as Senzel.

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

1) A backup catcher

2) Hopkins

Newman, Fairchild and Benson deserve to be on the roster. Myers and Maile would be two to go and I am in no hurry to bring back Votto. I am afraid they will feel obligated to play him every day even if he isn't hitting. I would see what you can get in a Senzel trade.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Newman, Fairchild and Benson deserve to be on the roster. Myers and Maile would be two to go and I am in no hurry to bring back Votto. I am afraid they will feel obligated to play him every day even if he isn't hitting. I would see what you can get in a Senzel trade.

I fell off the Senzel wagon back some time ago.  But I will say that Nick adds a bunch of flexibility to the Reds position wise.  But I too would prefer that he have that flexibility with another team.

• Like 2