2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

10 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

I am fully expecting the Reds to win this division in 2023. And yes, that hurts a little as a Cards fan.

The Reds have serious issues with the starting rotation.  May be difficult to string together enough wins in a row to make up the 5 games.  I see a whole bunch of 6-4, 5-5, and 4-6 stretches in their future, and that will not be enough to catch up.

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Cannot be serious lol... give the Reds 300 million to spend a year... 

I hear the money talk every year, when in reality, the owners have the money to spend and simply won't do it. When the Yankees are over the luxury tax and have to pay up, that money gets divide among the other teams. It is definitely an ownership problem not giving the fans what they expect.

@Proud2BAHoosier.  You gave my post a confused tag.  The facts support exactly what I said.  Here is the market size rankings for all MLB teams.  AL East notated in red.  NL Central notated in blue.  Pretty obvious which division has the money advantage.  Toronto is not listed, since it is not a U.S. Market.   But, as a metropolitan area, it has a comparable population to Houton, which would place it in the Top 10.  

Assuming Toronto slides in at 7, that gives the AL East 3 of the Top 10, and 4 of the Top 14.  By contrast, the NL Central has 4 of the 7 smallest markets.  So, yeah, it's pretty obvious that the AL East has a distinct advantage in available money at their disposal.

image.png.5e2fecc0e129d57ec84e0e5094e70157.pngimage.png.415b413ea0e09eddb37aa9c66fd402f5.png

image.png.7bc18f14cbe4755025aa116fcb8878ad.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

The Reds have serious issues with the starting rotation.  May be difficult to string together enough wins in a row to make up the 5 games.  I see a whole bunch of 6-4, 5-5, and 4-6 stretches in their future, and that will not be enough to catch up.

I am keeping the faith that the rotation will be just good enough...

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win 4-3 at St. Louis and this is the first series win at St. Louis in two years. This young team is fun to watch and battle until the end of every game.

It’s insane how bad the Cardinals are. Everything about the Reds scoring that 4th run just makes you wonder. Atrocious defense, bad bullpen, etc.. 

54 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It’s insane how bad the Cardinals are. Everything about the Reds scoring that 4th run just makes you wonder. Atrocious defense, bad bullpen, etc.. 

Speed kills, 

Walk, put runner in motion avoided DP

Pass ball runner to 3rd 

Infield in and Ground ball to SS but De La Cruz still scored 

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

@Proud2BAHoosier.  You gave my post a confused tag.  The facts support exactly what I said.  Here is the market size rankings for all MLB teams.  AL East notated in red.  NL Central notated in blue.  Pretty obvious which division has the money advantage.  Toronto is not listed, since it is not a U.S. Market.   But, as a metropolitan area, it has a comparable population to Houton, which would place it in the Top 10.  

Assuming Toronto slides in at 7, that gives the AL East 3 of the Top 10, and 4 of the Top 14.  By contrast, the NL Central has 4 of the 7 smallest markets.  So, yeah, it's pretty obvious that the AL East has a distinct advantage in available money at their disposal.

image.png.5e2fecc0e129d57ec84e0e5094e70157.pngimage.png.415b413ea0e09eddb37aa9c66fd402f5.png

I get that…but St. Louis has had a lot of success over the years because they put a very competitive product on the field consistently…sometimes with bigger payroll but a lot of times with good coaching/team construction. In return they sell out a lot of games and make money. Something has to give. Maybe spin the money and put together some competitive teams and you can build sustained success.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I get that…but St. Louis has had a lot of success over the years because they put a very competitive product on the field consistently…sometimes with bigger payroll but a lot of times with good coaching/team construction. In return they sell out a lot of games and make money. Something has to give. Maybe spin the money and put together some competitive teams and you can build sustained success.

The reality is that there have been only 2 World Series winners in the last 15 years that are outside the Top 10 on that list.  The Royals in '15 and the Cardinals in '11.

Big market matters and the two Central Divisions have nothing to apologize for.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The reality is that there have been only 2 World Series winners in the last 15 years that are outside the Top 10 on that list.  The Royals in '15 and the Cardinals in '11.

Big market matters and the two Central Divisions have nothing to apologize for.

I really miss the 70's...

23 hours ago, 5fouls said:

While that may be true, the bottom line is owners are simply not willing to spend money on players.....

44 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

While that may be true, the bottom line is owners are simply not willing to spend money on players.....

Some owners just have way more money to spend than others do. I would say with no revenue sharing there will always be the have and have nots in baseball.