2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Since May 5th Happ hasn't homered, his ISO is 149th out of 153 players with at least 100 plate appearances. He also has a 42% strikeout ratio.

Never been a Happ guy never will be...but what did we do? Signed him to a big 3 or 4 year extension. 

If Happ could play in GABP every game he would be a HOF

• Like 1

Not a good start for the Reds in St. Louis down 4-0 going to the bottom of the 3rd. Reds can get runners on but can't get them in. All 2 innings they had runners in scoring position and less than two outs but didn't score.  De La Cruz is human after all with him striking out I'm 5 straight at bats 

Sometimes David Bell is such an idiot. Reds cut the lead to 5-2 in the 7th but he kept Lively in the game. He just just gave up a 2 run home to make it 7-2. That was the 3rd two run homer he gave up tonight. Also in the top of the 7th the Reds had scored two runs and had runners on 1st and 3rd and two outs. Benson tried to steal second but was thrown out and had MClain up.

Alexis Díaz, RHP, Reds
The Reds have a number of potential trade chips, including infielder Kevin Newman and right-hander Buck Farmer, but Díaz is the one coveted by many teams around the league. The younger brother of Mets reliever Edwin Díaz, Alexis has pitched to a 0.82 ERA over his past 10 outings entering Wednesday, striking out 20 batters in 11 innings while earning seven saves. He’s under club control through 2027, but the Reds could likely bring back a haul of talent if they were to part with the 26-year-old.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/8-potential-mlb-trade-chips-whove-gotten-hot-781253.html

Edited by rico

41 minutes ago, rico said:

Alexis Díaz, RHP, Reds
The Reds have a number of potential trade chips, including infielder Kevin Newman and right-hander Buck Farmer, but Díaz is the one coveted by many teams around the league. The younger brother of Mets reliever Edwin Díaz, Alexis has pitched to a 0.82 ERA over his past 10 outings entering Wednesday, striking out 20 batters in 11 innings while earning seven saves. He’s under club control through 2027, but the Reds could likely bring back a haul of talent if they were to part with the 26-year-old.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/8-potential-mlb-trade-chips-whove-gotten-hot-781253.html

Better not trade Diaz

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

NL Central, what can you say about the teams?

Break it up and put them in the meat grinder that is the AL East.....

AL East has a significant market size advantage.  Say what you want, but at least admit the built in advantage exists.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This is why the Cubs are the Cubs...

I know it was different ownership, but this is the team that let Greg Maddux walk over money too...☹️

That's the infuriating part. Guy is really good but who do we extend? Happ. I'd love to know the run support stats for Stroman. There was a stretch in all of May where I felt like we gave him 1-2 runs each start max.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I can't tell whether you're complimenting him or deriding him...

I guess I just don't understand social media 

I think he is a complete drama queen on Twitter. I'm not sure him tweeting about his contract negotiations mid season is a great route to take. Thats jmo, though.. and yes, I'm sure the Cubs will botch his contract. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I can't tell whether you're complimenting him or deriding him...

I guess I just don't understand social media 

He's always been very active on twitter. More so than most MLB players. Just like any idiolect sometimes putting things out there in the public puts the pressure back onto the Cubs.

I mean he's our best pitcher and should be a cornerstone of the rebuild (ala Lester when he took the leap before things happened) but yet the Cubs who will be going on their 7th year of not winning a playoff series keep tripping over themselves. 

Every day/month/year that goes by I realize more and more how much Jed hung on to Theo's coattails.