2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Another good outing for Green but only lasted 6 innings. 6IP, 2 hits, 1 run. The only two hits were in the 4th and one was a routine fly ball that Barrero lost in the lights for a double. The second one was a weak dongle just past the 1B. Score was tied 1-1 but Gibault just gave up a homer to the first batter he facedĀ 

Well David Bell made a bone headed move tonight. Tied at 2 going to the bottom of the 8th and you bring in Herget and he promptly gave up 6 runs. No way you put a guy like that in a close game.

Bullpen has been horrible this series giving up 16 runs in 8.2 innings. Starters only gave up 4 runs

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well David Bell made a bone headed move tonight. Tied at 2 going to the bottom of the 8th and you bring in Herget and he promptly gave up 6 runs. No way you put a guy like that in a close game.

Bullpen has been horrible this series giving up 16 runs in 8.2 innings. Starters only gave up 4 runs

Herget was one of those pen guys that had seemed to have gotten it going.Ā  I have no issue with TinkerBell using him.Ā  But I would have had another guy warming up just in case.Ā  And when Herget walked the lead-off guy to open the inning I would have promptly taken the ball from him.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Herget was one of those pen guys that had seemed to have gotten it going.Ā  I have no issue with TinkerBell using him.Ā  But I would have had another guy warming up just in case.Ā  And when Herget walked the lead-off guy to open the inning I would have promptly taken the ball from him.

He has pitched in lower leverage parts of the game and has pitched alright but to put him in a tie game in Fenway is another thing. With the 3 batter rule you couldn't just take him out after the first inning.

Edited by IU Scott

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He has pitched in lower leverage parts of the game and has pitched alright but to put him in a tie game in Fenway is another thing. With the 3 batter rule you couldn't just take him out after the first inning.

Damn, I keep forgetting about the new rules.Ā Ā 

• Like 1

New documentary in the works.

https://frontofficesports.com/hbo-making-barry-bonds-documentary-with-last-dance-producers/

Speaking of Barry. One record that will never be touched ever again is the number of Intentional Walks he had in 2004. 120....2nd all time is 68 by BB...3rd is 61 by BB....you have to get to McCovey at 45 for anyone else.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/IBB_season.shtml

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

See the Reds are on Apple TV to ight so won't get to watch it. Also very strange start time on a Friday 5:10

44,000 strong there tonight. Largest in stadium history. Of course it has nothing to do with Zac Brown concert after the game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

44,000 strong there tonight. Largest in stadium history. Of course it has nothing to do with Zac Brown concert after the game.

Game is in extra innings so the concert will be starting late. Looks like the Reds will lose down 5-3 going to the bottom of the 11th.

Reds lose 10-8 and left the bases loaded to end the game. After 4 innings they were down 10-3 but made a heck of a come back.Ā  They still having trouble hitting with runners in scoring position and leaving runners on base.

After winning 5 in a row and getting to 3 games out of first place. They nowĀ  have lost 3 in a row and now are 5 games out.

Edited by IU Scott

Cubs players who have been seeing more time lately.

Rios 2-28 with 16K's.

Barnhart-10-64 with 24K's

Mastrobuoni-8-50 with 16K's

No clue why all 3 are even on the roster anymore let alone starting over guys like Morel, Wisdom...shoot even Velasquez, Amaya, and Madrigal at AAA are much better options.

That lineup Ross sent out yesterday was a loss before the game even started. No clue what these numbers are telling us but Cubs are 2-8 on Saturday this year and 1-8 on Sunday.

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs players who have been seeing more time lately.

Rios 2-28 with 16K's.

Barnhart-10-64 with 24K's

Mastrobuoni-8-50 with 16K's

No clue why all 3 are even on the roster anymore let alone starting over guys like Morel, Wisdom...shoot even Velasquez, Amaya, and Madrigal at AAA are much better options.

That lineup Ross sent out yesterday was a loss before the game even started. No clue what these numbers are telling us but Cubs are 2-8 on Saturday this year and 1-8 on Sunday.

Rebuild not going so well?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Rebuild not going so well?

There's been flashes. Some of our best series wins (Rays, Dodgers, Rangers, Mariners,etc..) are against good teams. Otherwise though it's just hot garbage. Off the top of my head Ross bullpen management and lineups have probably accounted for 10 losses.

There are pieces here but unless the Cubs buy the offseason we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There's been flashes. Some of our best series wins (Rays, Dodgers, Rangers, Mariners,etc..) are against good teams. Otherwise though it's just hot garbage. Off the top of my head Ross bullpen management and lineups have probably accounted for 10 losses.

There are pieces here but unless the Cubs buy the offseason we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Wil Myers for Stroman and I might be willing to toss in Stuart Fairchild as well.Ā Ā 

Seriously though the division is winnable for any team that calls the NL Central home.

• Like 1

Aaron Judge.... What can I say about the guy? After signing a massive off-season deal, he seems to be living up to it. If the guy isn't superman, I don't know who is. He leaping over outfield fences to rob homeruns, hitting homeruns of his own, and running through fences to make a catch. Simply unbelievable.

Take a look at what he did against the Dodgers yesterday....

Ā 

• Like 1