2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Baseball has always been about pitching to me...the Cubs starters are ok, but the bullpen is sucking bad...5.01 ERA over the last 10...

I hope this isn't another lost year, but it's beginning to look that way 

My buddy says the Cubs got 3 relievers at Iowa that should have been up last week.

• Like 1

Senzel scratched from the lineup tonight due to knee soreness. Hopping it isn't anything that is a long term injury because he finally has had sustain success. If he has to go to the DL will that be the time to bring up De La Cruz

Edited by IU Scott

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Back when I was a lad, pitchers would throw 700 pitch 19 inning complete games.  

I know about this game because my father in laws cousin, Bud Zipfel, hit the homer that won it in 16 innings for Tom Cheney...

21 strikeouts (still the record for a game) and 228 pitches...

Bud's still alive, in good shape, and get to talk baseball with him at the family reunions...always a thrill for me...

• Like 1

Andrew Abbott, 24, SP, CIN (AAA)
31.1 IP, 13.21 K/9, 4.02 BB/9, 3.16 ERA

Abbott walked all over the Southern League earlier this season, posting a 1.15 ERA with 20.68 K/9 and 1.72 BB/9 in three starts. The Reds got him out of there in a hurry – possibly because the pre-tacked ball used in that league was obscuring aspects of his development. Since arriving in Triple-A, Abbott has reverted to a good-not-great trajectory and there’s still risk he’ll eventually land in the bullpen. From a stuff perspective, he has a starter’s repertoire. Like most young pitchers, Abbott’s command can be inconsistent and mostly draws negative comments. There’s reason for concern about home run prevention, especially at Great American Ball Park.