2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This crap burns my ass.  Are we not ahead of the Cards and Cubs?  Did we just not sweep the Cubs in Wrigley?  Do we not have the same record as the Padres, who are much further out of the division race than we are?  

The national media isn't going to give the Reds any credit whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Congrats to the Reds for their sweep this weekend. Glad I didn't watch a single pitch of it.

Regarding my Cubs. Whole operation needs another reboot. Jed can hit the road along with Ross. The acquisitions in the offseason were all low risk high reward and we are seeing the fruits of that. The bullpen is a disaster and for the life of me I can't figure out Ross.

Start a series vs Tampa today followed by 10 games out West. The only thing we have going for us?? Happen to play in the worst division in baseball so there's always a chance.

Yeah the "low risk" FA signings haven't gone well.  Back to the drawing board I suppose.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah the "low risk" FA signings haven't gone well.  Back to the drawing board I suppose.

Absolutely back to the board. There are 3-4 good pieces there (Horner, Swanson, Bellinger, Morel) and honestly the starting pitching hasn't been bad but bullpen and apparently one injury to Bellinger has cost this team to go 10-23. 

In prior years I haven't judged Ross because the Cubs tanked...but watching him this year he just isn't cutting it either. His lineups, his in game bullpen decisions just not a good combo. Need to get some guys healthy and see if we can get a haul at trade deadline for a guy like Bellinger or or one of the starters because top to bottom this team isn't just a year away. It's several. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Absolutely back to the board. There are 3-4 good pieces there (Horner, Swanson, Bellinger, Morel) and honestly the starting pitching hasn't been bad but bullpen and apparently one injury to Bellinger has cost this team to go 10-23. 

In prior years I haven't judged Ross because the Cubs tanked...but watching him this year he just isn't cutting it either. His lineups, his in game bullpen decisions just not a good combo. Need to get some guys healthy and see if we can get a haul at trade deadline for a guy like Bellinger or or one of the starters because top to bottom this team isn't just a year away. It's several. 

Wil Myers is the missing piece for the Cubs.  Trust me on that.  If you have any influence over the Cubs front office, you need to convince them to look into it.  2-3 solid prospects and he's yours.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Wil Myers is the missing piece for the Cubs.  Trust me on that.  If you have any influence over the Cubs front office, you need to convince them to look into it.  2-3 solid prospects and he's yours.  

I ain't greedy.  Wil Myers to the Cubs for Marcus Stroman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

The St. Louis/Kansas City game might have been the greatest game I have ever watched.  Dennis Leonard, George Brett, and company came to play.

Two questions I have from that game:

1) How did Drew VerHagen end up with the Cardinals?

2) How is he still in the big leagues? He was a human gas can with the Tigers. 

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Two questions I have from that game:

1) How did Drew VerHagen end up with the Cardinals?

2) How is he still in the big leagues? He was a human gas can with the Tigers. 

Signed as a FA with the Cards.

June 5, 2012: Drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 4th round of the 2012 amateur draft. Player signed June 19, 2012.

November 25, 2019: Released by the Detroit Tigers.

March 11, 2022: Signed as a Free Agent with the St. Louis Cardinals.

Ok Reds fans. Someone explain to me this De La Cruz/India situation. Can't they find a way to keep India in the infield as well? Just seeing some tweets suggesting India might be the odd man out here which to me (even as a casual fan) would be absolutely insane.

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok Reds fans. Someone explain to me this De La Cruz/India situation. Can't they find a way to keep India in the infield as well? Just seeing some tweets suggesting India might be the odd man out here which to me (even as a casual fan) would be absolutely insane.

India came up as a third basemen.  The real problem will be when CES comes up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

There is no real issue.  People are just stirring the pot or over-thinking it.

The trio of McLain, India, and De La Cruz will be playing 2B, SS, and 3B in some combination.  ELDC can play SS or 3B.  India can play 2B or 3B.  McLain can play all 3.  

Steer will play 1B.  Encarnacion-Strand will DH.  Senzel will move to the OF as a platoon player, but will also be used in the IF at either 2B or 3B when one of the 3 regular starters listed above need a rest.  

Friedl, Fraley, and Fairchild will join Senzel as the core 4 in the outfield.  Myers will be traded or released.  

Stephenson is the one that could be the odd man out with Steer performing well at 1st and if Encarnacion-Strand hits well enough to take over DH.  I dont think the Reds want to use Stephenson at catcher any more than they have to because he is so bad behind the plate.

All that said, who knows with the Reds management.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The trio of McLain, India, and De La Cruz will be playing 2B, SS, and 3B in some combination.  ELDC can play SS or 3B.  India can play 2B or 3B.  McLain can play all 3.  

Steer will play 1B.  Encarnacion-Strand will DH.  Senzel will move to the OF as a platoon player, but will also be used in the IF at either 2B or 3B when one of the 3 regular starters listed above need a rest.  

Friedl, Fraley, and Fairchild will join Senzel as the core 4 in the outfield.  Myers will be traded or released.  

Stephenson is the one that could be the odd man out with Steer performing well at 1st and if Encarnacion-Strand hits well enough to take over DH.  I dont think the Reds want to use Stephenson at catcher any more than they have to because he is so bad behind the plate.

TySteve is not producing DH type numbers while he is DHing.  I agree, he could become the odd man out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Thanks...I just saw some stuff over the weekend and was like what are you guys talking about? India to this outsider is the leader this team needs.

On 5/29/2023 at 4:15 PM, Seeking6 said:

Marcus Stroman took one look at the lineup card today and said only way we win is if I shut these guys out. Cubs win 1-0 over Rays in CG shutout.

Baseball has always been about pitching to me...the Cubs starters are ok, but the bullpen is sucking bad...5.01 ERA over the last 10...

I hope this isn't another lost year, but it's beginning to look that way 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The real question is what will the Reds do when Votto is ready to come back.

If the young guys are healthy and producing, Votto is going to be DH 2-3 times a week and that's it, unless he starts going off at the plate himself.  Stephenson could be losing some of his DH at bats.