2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

The Cubs have the worst record in the National League and the 4th worst record in MLB. Great. Perfect. Awesome.

Ask anybody here, I really thought they were gonna make a play-off run this year.  After watching them these past few weeks I take it back.

14 minutes ago, rico said:

giphy.gif

I liked Whitey hall when Herzog was the manager. Vince Colman stealing 100 bases a year and Willie McGee hitting .330, Tommy Herr getting 110 RBI on only 9 home runs. Loved watching Ozzie Smith playing SS.

The two divisions back then didn't make much sense because the Cubs and Cardinals were in the East and the Reds and Braves were in the West.

Edited by IU Scott

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The two divisions back then didn't make much sense because the Cubs and Cardinals were in the East and the Reds and Braves were in the West.

It makes all kinds of sense because of the reason behind it.  

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I was born in 70 so this was what I remember the divisions being but didn't know the reason why. I guess I am not perfect after all

I am surprised(shocked) that you didn't inquire about it back then.  I know I did when I became geographically astute.

Congrats to the Reds for their sweep this weekend. Glad I didn't watch a single pitch of it.

Regarding my Cubs. Whole operation needs another reboot. Jed can hit the road along with Ross. The acquisitions in the offseason were all low risk high reward and we are seeing the fruits of that. The bullpen is a disaster and for the life of me I can't figure out Ross.

Start a series vs Tampa today followed by 10 games out West. The only thing we have going for us?? Happen to play in the worst division in baseball so there's always a chance.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Congrats to the Reds for their sweep this weekend. Glad I didn't watch a single pitch of it.

Regarding my Cubs. Whole operation needs another reboot. Jed can hit the road along with Ross. The acquisitions in the offseason were all low risk high reward and we are seeing the fruits of that. The bullpen is a disaster and for the life of me I can't figure out Ross.

Start a series vs Tampa today followed by 10 games out West. The only thing we have going for us?? Happen to play in the worst division in baseball so there's always a chance.

The AL Central is probably worse than the NL Central.  

The Reds can legit win the division if management doesn't screw it up.  Bring up De La Cruz and Encarnacion-Strand and the lineup has a chance to be potent.  Get 5-6 innings from the starting pitchers and the bullpen might be just good enough.

• Like 1

Mets, Phillies, and Padres are all evidence that throwing a bunch of money around does not always work in baseball.  

As a fan of the game, I love to see success from teams such as the Rays and Braves that are successful because of player development.  I see the young core the Reds have and can't help but hope they can't build something similar to what Atlanta has over the next 3-4 years.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The AL Central is probably worse than the NL Central.  

The Reds can legit win the division if management doesn't screw it up.  Bring up De La Cruz and Encarnacion-Strand and the lineup has a chance to be potent.  Get 5-6 innings from the starting pitchers and the bullpen might be just good enough.

I am racking my brain trying to come up with all the transaction scenarios to get Elly and CES up to the Majors.  Mind boggling.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I am racking my brain trying to come up with all the transaction scenarios to get Elly and CES up to the Majors.  Mind boggling.

Benson is the first to go.  Myers needs to be traded for a bucket of balls before he comes off the IL.  Unfortunately, that's only one spot when it comes down to it.  In my mind it comes down to the 3rd catcher or Barrero/Newman for the 2nd spot.  I vote 3rd catcher for the time being.  Barrero is versatile enough to play outfield and Newman is suddenly productive.  Newman could potentially bring back a reliever or something as we get closer to the trade deadline.  Might be too early for that though, which is why I say drop a catcher.  

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Benson is the first to go.  Myers needs to be traded for a bucket of balls before he comes off the IL.  Unfortunately, that's only one spot when it comes down to it.  In my mind it comes down to the 3rd catcher or Barrero/Newman for the 2nd spot.  I vote 3rd catcher for the time being.  Barrero is versatile enough to play outfield and Newman is suddenly productive.  Newman could potentially bring back a reliever or something as we get closer to the trade deadline.  Might be too early for that though, which is why I say drop a catcher.  

Cassali is the better defensive catcher and the pitchers era is the lowest with him catching. Maile is hitting pretty well and has a good arm.

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I am cool with all of that.

As far as Newman...I am torn at the moment on him.  Definitely has trade value but he has become quite productive.

As Memorial Day arrives, some of the weaker teams in baseball are still very much within striking distance in the postseason race.

In fact, FanGraphs lists only five teams in the major leagues with less than a 5% chance of reaching the postseason:

The Royals, Athletics, Nationals, Reds and Rockies.

And even Cincinnati is only four games out of first in the NL Central

On May 29 last year, there were 11 teams with less than a 5% chance of a playoff berth.

There are a handful of factors this year that are helping teams stay in contention even when they're not playing all that well.

The worst teams are REALLY bad. Oakland is 10-45, and the Athletics might very well challenge the modern record of 120 losses by the 1962 Mets. Kansas City, currently at 16-38, isn't much better.

https://www.chron.com/sports/article/as-may-ends-even-some-weaker-teams-have-reasons-18124155.php#photo-23878140

1 hour ago, rico said:

As Memorial Day arrives, some of the weaker teams in baseball are still very much within striking distance in the postseason race.

In fact, FanGraphs lists only five teams in the major leagues with less than a 5% chance of reaching the postseason:

The Royals, Athletics, Nationals, Reds and Rockies.

And even Cincinnati is only four games out of first in the NL Central

On May 29 last year, there were 11 teams with less than a 5% chance of a playoff berth.

There are a handful of factors this year that are helping teams stay in contention even when they're not playing all that well.

The worst teams are REALLY bad. Oakland is 10-45, and the Athletics might very well challenge the modern record of 120 losses by the 1962 Mets. Kansas City, currently at 16-38, isn't much better.

https://www.chron.com/sports/article/as-may-ends-even-some-weaker-teams-have-reasons-18124155.php#photo-23878140

This crap burns my ass.  Are we not ahead of the Cards and Cubs?  Did we just not sweep the Cubs in Wrigley?  Do we not have the same record as the Padres, who are much further out of the division race than we are?  

• Haha 1