2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Wiffleball game at Scott’s house!

We actually built a baseball field in my back yard when I was around 9 years. We but a make shift fence plus bases and baselines. My brother and his friends did most of it since they were 16 years old. Center field was around 300 feet and we used a tennis.  ball.  Some days we had enough kids to have 9 on 9 just like regular baseball 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We actually built a baseball field in my back yard when I was around 9 years. We but a make shift fence plus bases and baselines. My brother and his friends did most of it since they were 16 years old. Center field was around 300 feet and we used a tennis.  ball.  Some days we had enough kids to have 9 on 9 just like regular baseball 

Wiffleball was HUGE in my neck of the woods.  I had a field as did a majority of my friends.  Problem was that our fences usually were barbed wire.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Wiffleball was HUGE in my neck of the woods.  I had a field as did a majority of my friends.  Problem was that our fences usually were barbed wire.

We played at one place where the fence was the neighbors. They didn't like it when we hit the ball in their yard. 

I am sure it was fun going over the barb fence to get the baseball back.

Edited by IU Scott

1 hour ago, rico said:

To this day I throw a knuckler with a wiffleball that dances like John Travolta on hot asphalt 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

My backyard was Wrigley because we had an out of control hedge around the backyard....but the neighborhood we grew up in also had several open lots before homes were built. Mr Kadel was his name...he made a deal with us. He said if you guys keep the lot up (i.e. mow,etc....) you can mow it however you want.

We did our best to mow baselines, foul lines,etc...anything that crossed the street in the air was a HR and most days/nights we got close to 7 on 7. Literally played baseball all day all night until dark. Good times and memories.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick trivia. Name the player from Donora, Pennsylvania (population 4,500) with the 2nd most hits in MLB history for a left handed outfielder. Bonus points if you can name the first.

Ken Griffey Jr.?  Stan Musial?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Quick trivia. Name the player from Donora, Pennsylvania (population 4,500) with the 2nd most hits in MLB history for a left handed outfielder. Bonus points if you can name the first.

Saw Ken Griffey Sr. at a hotel a few miles from Donora about 15 years ago.  My son was about 4 at the time and he started chatting up this lady at breakfast.  About 30 minutes later, we're loading our car and the lady my son was chatting with comes out of the hotel with Griffey (I assume it was his wife).  We didn't bother him, but still laugh about whenever his name comes up.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This Reds team is so much fun to watch. 

Gonna be a lot more fun when De La Cruz comes up.  Saw him play twice in Louisville earlier this season,  It was before he git hot, but man you could just feel the electricity when he was on the field.  Watching him go first to third on a hit is a thing to behold.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Gonna be a lot more fun when De La Cruz comes up.  Saw him play twice in Louisville earlier this season,  It was before he git hot, but man you could just feel the electricity when he was on the field.  Watching him go first to third on a hit is a thing to behold.  

He is now ranked the top prospect on baseball. How did you like Encarscion-Strand 

59 minutes ago, rico said:

That they are.  My fandom was really in the toilet heading into this season.  That has done a 180.  I haven't been this excited about Cincy in years.  

To me the team is fun to watch and the new rules has made the game more entertaining to watch. I love seeing the stolen base come back into the game. I like that most games are over in about 2.5 hours.