2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

OKC, Nashville, Charlotte....Salt Lake City, Portland...anything is better than the current situation. 

Maybe one of these is a landing spot for the Brewers?  I read an article that said Manfred is threatening Milwaukee ownership with relocation if they don’t perform upgrades that would be in the hundreds of millions (I think I had read 400+ million). I was there about 4 years and I don’t recall it being a bad place or in need of upgrading. But what do I know. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Maybe one of these is a landing spot for the Brewers?  I read an article that said Manfred is threatening Milwaukee ownership with relocation if they don’t perform upgrades that would be in the hundreds of millions (I think I had read 400+ million). I was there about 4 years and I don’t recall it being a bad place or in need of upgrading. But what do I know. 

Milwaukee is the smallest MLB market, but I've never considered it to be a bad one.  Surprised to hear this.  Th he city does not deserve that kind of threat from the commissioners office.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Hunter Green has a no hitter through 6 but had thrown 105 pitches. That is about half the amount of pitches Nolan Ryan threw in a game 213 in 13 innings

Need to take him out.  No way he's going 9, so no sense pushing the envelope, especially with a 7 run lead.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hate it for Greene but I get it. 110 pitches in May. No reason to do the Dusty Baker Mark Prior, Kerry Wood treatment...

I know why they did it but I could only imagine a manager telling a pitcher like Bob Gibson that we are taking you out with a no hitter 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know why they did it but I could only imagine a manager telling a pitcher like Bob Gibson that we are taking you out with a no hitter 

Whether we like it or not, pitching arms are different now than they were 40-60 years ago.  The Reds need Greene healthy, especially with Lodolo and Ashcraft having so many issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Whether we like it or not, pitching arms are different now than they were 40-60 years ago.  The Reds need Greene healthy, especially with Lodolo and Ashcraft having so many issues.

My question is what is the difference in the arms today that don't allow players to pitch longer today.  It seems to me all the coddling of pitchers hasn't decreased the amount of injuries but seems to have increased injuries.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win 9-0 and have up two hits on the 8th. Green.ead over powering but does need to be more pitch efficient 

I listened to the game on the Cubs radio network.  I was trying to keep track of Hunter's pitch count but I didn't need to as the Cubs' guys were keeping track of it for me.  They were aware of his "inefficiency" woes this season.  Personally, I really don't know what the exact answer would be to over come it.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I listened to the game on the Cubs radio network.  I was trying to keep track of Hunter's pitch count but I didn't need to as the Cubs' guys were keeping track of it for me.  They were aware of his "inefficiency" woes this season.  Personally, I really don't know what the exact answer would be to over come it.

He had 84 pitches through 4 innings and most at bats lasted at least 6 pitches. He gets ahead in tbe count them ended up going to a full count.

Today I did a way route so I got home when tbe game was just starting 

1 hour ago, rico said:

I'll take 6 no hit innings every time, especially if the Reds can score 9 runs.

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'll take 6 no hit innings every time, especially if the Reds can score 9 runs.

Absolutely.

The Reds' starters have really been the heart of the team's issues thus far.  Quality starts have been a commodity.  It hasn't just been the BOR guys.  Now, for the moment, it seems the BOR guys are coming around.  The Reds are in a good position if Greene, Lodolo(when he returns), and Ashcraft find their grooves.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

My question is what is the difference in the arms today that don't allow players to pitch longer today.  It seems to me all the coddling of pitchers hasn't decreased the amount of injuries but seems to have increased injuries.

The answer is simple.  Fast food.  These guys today grew up eating Big Macs.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The difference is they report every little twinge in their arms, and the medical staff takes it more seriously than they did in back in the day...there were not a lot of "guaranteed" contracts... If you couldn't pitch because your arm hurt, they'd scrap you...

You cannot "pitch through pain" without incurring structural damage to your arm... You just can't...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

The difference is they report every little twinge in their arms, and the medical staff takes it more seriously than they did in back in the day...there were not a lot of "guaranteed" contracts... If you couldn't pitch because your arm hurt, they'd scrap you...

You cannot "pitch through pain" without incurring structural damage to your arm... You just can't...

Didn't J.R. Richard end up homeless shortly after his baseball career was over?

2 hours ago, rico said:

The answer is simple.  Fast food.  These guys today grew up eating Big Macs.

Well today players are in better shape, have better nutrition and it has been years since I saw a player smoking in the dugout. Guys use to go to spring training or training camp to get into shape but today they stay in shape year around.

Well today players are in better shape, have better nutrition and it has been years since I saw a player smoking in the dugout. Guys use to go to spring training or training camp to get into shape but today they stay in shape year around.

I think some of it may be that some of these guys grew up playing baseball year-round and threw too much at an early age. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I think some of it may be that some of these guys grew up playing baseball year-round and threw too much at an early age. 

I agree about these guys playing way to much organized sports in the summer. They don't allow their body's to recuperate and you get injured when your body is tired. I bet guys today hasn't played baseball in the back yard with their friends just for the fun of the game.

I agree about these guys playing way to much organized sports in the summer. They don't allow their body's to recuperate and you get injured when your body is tired. I bet guys today hasn't played baseball in the back yard with their friends just for the fun of the game.

Wiffleball game at Scott’s house!

• Haha 2