2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Most of the star power are in AAA and AA. I like McClain and think he will be a very good player. Guys like India, Steer and Freidl are solid players who can help a team win. 

I think it is a little early to say those 3 pitchers ate bust.  Not saying they will be like Smoltz or Glavine but it took.them a couple of years to fully develop  to being star pitchers

No, no...you're absolutely right about the three starters.  I meant that I was hoping that they would shine this season...and be the players to kind of lead the Reds.  I still believe they have that potential.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

No, no...you're absolutely right about the three starters.  I meant that I was hoping that they would shine this season...and be the players to kind of lead the Reds.  I still believe they have that potential.

Trade ‘em.

• Haha 1

Reds lose to the Cards 2-1, got to listen to the whole game. Weaver pitched 6.1 innings 0 runs, 3 hits. Sims gave up 2 runs in the 8th after having no on and 2 outs.

Reds had 1st and 3rd no outs but didn't score in the first.

Had 1st and 3rd and 1 out didn't score in the 6th.

Had 1st and 2nd and 1 out didn't score 

Reds scored their only run in the 9th

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose to the Cards 2-1, got to listen to the whole game. Weaver pitched 6.1 innings 0 runs, 3 hits. Sims gave up 2 runs in the 8th after having no on and 2 outs.

Reds had 1st and 3rd no outs but didn't score in the first.

Had 1st and 3rd and 1 out didn't score in the 6th.

Had 1st and 2nd and 1 out didn't score 

Reds scored their only run in the 9th

Cards got lucky to win today when they rested so many starters. Weaver looked good!

If my math is correct the A's are on pace for 31-131 record. With plans to move in place they are essentially a team without a home anyway for the next 3 years. I realize it would be a logistical nightmare travel wise for themselves and their division....but if I were MLB I'd identify 2-3 cities and allow each of them to be the home team for the A's.

OKC, Nashville, Charlotte....Salt Lake City, Portland...anything is better than the current situation. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If my math is correct the A's are on pace for 31-131 record. With plans to move in place they are essentially a team without a home anyway for the next 3 years. I realize it would be a logistical nightmare travel wise for themselves and their division....but if I were MLB I'd identify 2-3 cities and allow each of them to be the home team for the A's.

OKC, Nashville, Charlotte....Salt Lake City, Portland...anything is better than the current situation. 

They're going to Vegas according to this article 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I always hoped that Indy could get an MLB team but there are to many teams around us that would veto a move here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I actually think giving 3-4 of those cities 20-25 A's 'home' games until Vegas is ready is an intriguing idea. 

Attendance would undoubtedly be better, and the cities that do the best job with the opportunity move to the top of the expansion list.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I actually think giving 3-4 of those cities 20-25 A's 'home' games until Vegas is ready is an intriguing idea. 

Attendance would undoubtedly be better, and the cities that do the best job with the opportunity move to the top of the expansion list.

I wonder how beer sales will do in Salt Lake City?

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

That's been my thought on it. Give those cities either a certain number of games or a full season for their cities/communities to show off why they should get a team. Oakland is just a bad look for everyone. The A's already divorced them....makes zero financial sense to stick around for 3 years when others would gladly take them in.

40 minutes ago, rico said:

I wonder how beer sales will do in Salt Lake City?

They kinda did away with the quirky way they viewed drinking before the 2002 Winter Olympics... Actually, one of the last times I was ever really totaled was in SLC about 2011...

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

None of those cities have a stadium that holds much more than Aviator Stadium which was Minor League ballpark of the year in 2022 (51-49 over Louisville according to Baseball Digest)...

Get a head start on the fan base... 

And I think they already have an agreement in principle to play at Aviator Field... 

Link

The future of the Las Vegas Aviators

“We have an agreement with the Aviators with Don [Logan] and Howard Hughes [Corporation] to play at their stadium temporarily,” he said. “We’re really deferring to Major League Baseball to kind of help us make that decision.”

Edited by IUFLA

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds up 6-0 in the bottom of the 4th at the Cubs. First time Justin Steele gave up more than 3 runs at home for the first time in 19 games.

Is Hunter gonna make it through 5?  Damn pitch count is up there.