2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Needed that one.  Bullpen got a workout though,  Need some innings from Ashcraft tomorrow.  

The starters usually can't give you more than 5 innings. When you have to use the bullpen 3-4 innings a night they will break down 

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The Reds' FO has some decisions to make.  Myers, Newman, and either/or Casali and Maile.  They also gonna have to decide on what to do with Barrero and where to play Senzel, India, and Steer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

The Reds' FO has some decisions to make.  Myers, Newman, and either/or Casali and Maile.  They also gonna have to decide on what to do with Barrero and where to play Senzel, India, and Steer.

That is the problem when all of your top prospects are infielders. Senzel is finally playing well after they moved him back to his normal position in the infield.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That is the problem when all of your top prospects are infielders. Senzel is finally playing well after they moved him back to his normal position in the infield.

I say move India LF.  Keep Nick at 3B and McLain to 2B.  

On 5/22/2023 at 5:59 PM, 5fouls said:

This won't make @Seeking6 feel any better when trying to figure out the Cubs record.  @TheWatShotprobably would have predicted where the Tigers land.

Team OPS+

image.png.5f21f0025bd6c4787bc1876f212d7e1c.png

image.png.8e0586f46974e6addfc398a20b6572d4.png

At my core I'm not a stats or metrics guy....but trends, numbers, matchups, etc....do paint a story and it would be foolish to not pay attention to those or use them in your lineups. Every stat I'm seeing like these and others we discuss point to only two things. Bullpen and Managing. 

With starters only going 5-6 innings the bullpen takes on so much of a role and I don't know if some of these stats factor that in as much as they should.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Something has to be wrong with him.  

After 4 innings he has now given up 7 runs. ERA in his last 4 starts went from 2.00 to 5.69. Refs keep scoring runs the Cardinals come right back with more runs 7-3. Reds usually hit Wainwright well and his worse ERA in any ballpark is GABP

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Graham Ashcraft first 6 starts 2.00 ERA, last 3 starts 13.15 ERA. Tonight has given up 3 runs in 2 innings

1 hour ago, rico said:

Something has to be wrong with him.  

I honestly think it's time to send him down.  This isn't bad luck.  He has a delivery flaw, or he's tipping pitches.  Let him work it out in Louisville.  

Edited by 5fouls

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I honestly think it's time to send him down.  This isn't bad luck.  He has a delivery flaw, or he's tipping pitches.  Let him work it out in Louisville.  

Seems to me he ain't been right since his Grandma died?

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds beat the Cards 10-3 on 18 hits 

Ben Lively  pitched the first quality start by a Reds starter since May 2nd. They only have 8 quality starts the whole year and Ashcraft had 5 of them.

I see Newman is increasing his trade value.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds are playing "positionless" baseball these days.   😎

They are.  It's crazy.  I was browsing fielding statistics last week (I know, I need to get a life).  Anyway, the only 2 Reds that had played enough at the same position to be a qualifying fielder were India at 2B and Friedl in CF.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

They are.  It's crazy.  I was browsing fielding statistics last week (I know, I need to get a life).  Anyway, the only 2 Reds that had played enough at the same position to be a qualifying fielder were India at 2B and Friedl in CF.

They have zero "star quality" players, so it feels like Bell just keeps moving guys around like chess pieces...and playing analytics, hunches, and voodoo crystal ball picks in order to try and win.  Going into the season I was hanging my hat on the three young starters, Lodolo, Ashcraft, Greene.  That was a bust.

28 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

They have zero "star quality" players, so it feels like Bell just keeps moving guys around like chess pieces...and playing analytics, hunches, and voodoo crystal ball picks in order to try and win.  Going into the season I was hanging my hat on the three young starters, Lodolo, Ashcraft, Greene.  That was a bust.

Almost June and only 6 games out.  

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Almost June and only 6 games out.  

Regardless of their position in the standings, the summer should be really fun once De La Cruz and Encarnacion-Strand get called up.  McLain is already making a positive impact.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Most of the star power are in AAA and AA. I like McClain and think he will be a very good player. Guys like India, Steer and Freidl are solid players who can help a team win. 

I think it is a little early to say those 3 pitchers ate bust.  Not saying they will be like Smoltz or Glavine but it took.them a couple of years to fully develop  to being star pitchers