2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Not able to watch the Reds and Yankees game so not totally sure what happened in the middle of the 5th. The ump went out and checked the Yankees put her and made him go to the dugout to take something off of his wrist. I think they were checking for substance on his wrist but didn't kick him out. David Bell went crazy and got ejected 

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not able to watch the Reds and Yankees game so not totally sure what happened in the middle of the 5th. The ump went out and checked the Yankees put her and made him go to the dugout to take something off of his wrist. I think they were checking for substance on his wrist but didn't kick him out. David Bell went crazy and got ejected 

It is in this recap...

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/gametracker/recap/MLB_20230519_NYY@CIN/

Reds up 4-1 in the 5th but now trails 7-4 in the 10th. Took out Diaz their best reliever after a scoreless 9th and Gibault is getting clobbered around the ball park. Gibault faced Rizzo two days in a row and both times have up a two run homer.

Also still don't like the extra innings rule of starting the inning with a runner on second

Edited by IU Scott

Reds lost 4-1 to the Yankees, leaving the bases loaded in the 9th. We had Will Benson up with two outs on the 9th and his outstanding .043 batting average. Brought him backup yesterday when Ramos went on the DL. Instead of being up one of the top prospects I'm baseball in Da Cruz we bring up Benson. We got 2 top 100 prospects in baseball at Triple A but we don't call them up.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lost 4-1 to the Yankees, leaving the bases loaded in the 9th. We had Will Benson up with two outs on the 9th and his outstanding .043 batting average. Brought him backup yesterday when Ramos went on the DL. Instead of being up one of the top prospects I'm baseball in Da Cruz we bring up Benson. We got 2 top 100 prospects in baseball at Triple A but we don't call them up.

Gotta play the long game Scott.  The Reds are looking ahead to the 2076 season.  Winning during the country's tri-centennial season is the priority.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

Gotta play the long game Scott.  The Reds are looking ahead to the 2076 season.  Winning during the country's tri-centennial season is the priority.  

Tired of seeing guys like Fairchild, Benson, Newman and Myer taking up roster spots that should be for the young guys

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Cards just took 3 of 4 from the Dodgers after knocking out Kershaw early. Now up to 3rd in the Central. 

Realistically, the Cards should easily win the division.  The promise the rest of the division showed earlier in the year is all gone.

The Cards are an organization that knows how to win.  The Reds, Pirates, and Cubs are used to losing and it's the exception when they do otherwise.  The Brewers are in between, but never really good enough to seriously challenge to represent the NL in the World Series.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Cards are an organization that knows how to win.  The Reds, Pirates, and Cubs are used to losing and it's the exception when they do otherwise.  The Brewers are in between, but never really good enough to seriously challenge to represent the NL in the World Series.

WHAT ABOUT THE WHITE SOX? TOP NOTCH AT THE TOP? 60+ YEARS OF MISERY!!! OH WAIT had 1 WS IN MY LIFE!!!

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs are 5th in position player WAR as a team. Are 11th in MLB in pitcher war. Cubs are 6 games under .500 and 7th worst overall record in baseball.

For the stat guys....what would those stats imply? By WAR standards we should be much much better.

1) Managing

2) Lack of clutch hitting

3) Defense

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

1) Managing

2) Lack of clutch hitting

3) Defense

Seems to nail it. Managing and lineups have been weird to watch Ross handle. Our bullpen is just awful....and I swear we have to lead the league with getting bases loaded and no outs to not even score.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs are 5th in position player WAR as a team. Are 11th in MLB in pitcher war. Cubs are 6 games under .500 and 7th worst overall record in baseball.

For the stat guys....what would those stats imply? By WAR standards we should be much much better.

That games aren't played on paper or determined by what some computer geeks say is important 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That games aren't played on paper or determined by what some computer geeks say is important 

I would put out there that there are stats that really don't show up for the stat geeks to use in the analytical assessments.  A lot of these "invisible" stats play a big part in the outcome/s of games.  

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

This won't make @Seeking6 feel any better when trying to figure out the Cubs record.  @TheWatShotprobably would have predicted where the Tigers land.

Team OPS+

image.png.5f21f0025bd6c4787bc1876f212d7e1c.png

image.png.8e0586f46974e6addfc398a20b6572d4.png

So if the numbers are right. Trust me I believe in numbers....our WAR stuff is really good but because of managing and probably bullpen our operation is crap...right?